"God, if you are there, strike me dead!"
– Italian dictator Benito Mussolini
Many years later God did accommodate when Mussolini and his mistress were condemned to death. Mussolini said, "Let me save my life and I will give you an empire!" then began shouting "No, No." They were both executed along with main members of his cabinet on April 29, 1945. Their bodies were savagely beaten then hung upside down at an Esso gas station in the Plazzale Loreto in Milan.
Men wickedly depart from God and His Laws by following men who claim to be something they are not, simply because men fail to judge them by their fruit (Matthew 24:5). They are then led away through deception, millions and millions of people are slaughtered through contrived wars, and nations are destroyed! This, of course, occurs because people that should know better neglect duty through apathy and blindly follow their leader. Men tempt God by allowing tyrants to take the helm and steer into history destruction these same men wish would have never been allowed. They then return to the God they should have never departed from in the first place (Leviticus 26:40-46).
Speaking of these tyrants, they know that God is who He says He is, for He is the One with whom they feebly make war (James 2:19).
Napoleon Bonaparte said, "The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it." (Psalm 2:5)
Friends, history teaches us just that.
- Maxentine built a false bridge to drown Constantine, but was drowned himself.
- Sultan Bajazet was carried by Tamerlane in an iron cage that he intended for Tamerlane.
- Maximinus put out the eyes of thousands of Christians. Soon after, a fearful disease of the eyes broke out among his people, of which he himself died in great agony.
- Valens caused about 80 Christians to be sent to sea in a ship and burned alive. He was defeated by the Goths and fled to a cottage, where he was burned alive.
- Alexander VI was poisoned by wine he had prepared for another.
- Henry III of France was stabbed in the same chamber where he had helped to contrive the cruel massacre of French Protestants.
- Marie Antoinette, riding to Notre Dame Cathedral for her wedding, bade the soldiers command all beggars, cripples and ragged people to leave the line of the procession. She could not endure the sight of these miserable ones. Soon after, bound in the executioner's cart, she was riding toward the place of execution amid crowds who gazed on her with hearts as cold as ice and hard as granite.
- When Foulon was asked how the starving populace was to live, he said, "Let them eat grass." Afterward, the mob, maddened with rage, caught him in the streets of Paris, hung him, stuck his head upon a pike and filled his mouth with grass (Galatians 6:7).
- Herod Antipas and Herodias were responsible for the imprisonment and execution of John the Baptist, and Herod himself attempted to plot the death of Christ. In the summer of A.D. 39, Antipas' money and territory were turned over to Agrippa, while he and his wife were exiled, and Antipas died miserably.
- Pontius Pilate handed Christ to the Jews to be scourged and crucified. Pilate fell under misfortunes in the reign of Caligula (A.D. 37–41), was exiled to Gaul and eventually committed suicide there in Vienne.
- The Jews, who heard and rejected Christ, were destroyed by Titus and Vespasian, his father, in A.D. 70, about 40 years after the passion of the Christ, to the number of 1,100,00 – beside those Vespasian slew in the subduing of Galilee.
- The vain senate of Rome, after being proposed to have Christ adored as God, rejected Him. Being content to have the emperor reign over them rather than the meek King of Glory, the Son of God, they were scourged and trapped for their unjust refusing. For, as they preferred the emperor and rejected Christ, so the just permission of God stirred up their own emperors against them in such sort, that the senators themselves were almost destroyed, and the whole city most horribly afflicted for the space of almost 300 years.
Video: Reaping and Sowing
Listen to Bradlee Dean on the radio six days a week here! (sonsoflibertyradio.com)Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.