Home » Tyrants Have Often Wrapped Themselves in the Cloak of Patriotism or Religion to Deceive the People
“We know that in every age it’s been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism or religion or both to deceive the people,” The Sons of Liberty radio show host Bradlee Dean told his listeners this week.
Dean pointed out how the media in America had a love affair with tyrants during the twentieth century. He noted that TIME Magazine labeled the following “Men of the Year”:
- Adolf Hitler was declared Time’s Man of the Year in 1938. Hitler was a fascist dictator whose dangerous political power-grab cost the lives of over 50 million people during World War II, 405,399 of whom were American soldiers and 11 million of whom were exterminated through the Holocaust.
- Josef Stalin was declared Man of the Year in 1939 and 1942. Stalin was the cruel tyrant of the Soviet Union who was responsible for killing 20 million of his own citizens. President Franklin Roosevelt referred to Stalin as kind “Uncle Joe” back in the 1930s.
Additionally, these men were also labeled “Man of the Year” by TIME:
- Nikita Khrushchev was declared Man of the Year in 1957. Nikita Khrushchev was a Russian Communist who seized power as dictator over the Soviet Union when Stalin died in 1953. He liked to threaten and bully his opposition, and his leadership of the Communist Bloc in the Cold War was so dangerous he had to be removed by his subordinates. Khrushchev said: “We do not have to destroy America with missiles; America will destroy itself from within.”
- Richard Nixon was declared Time’s Man of the Year in 1971. We all know Nixon was due to be impeached because of his abuse of power and obstruction of justice in the Watergate scandal.
- Ayatollah Khomeini was declared Man of the Year in 1979. The Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini was a Shiite Muslim who became the dictator of Iran in 1979. The ayatollah came to power as part of Jimmy Carter’s “human rights” policy. Using the youth, he headed a mass campaign of torture, rape and execution against political opponents as well as their families, close friends and anyone who was accused of insufficient Islamic behavior. President Reagan criticized Khomeini as “a maniacal fanatic who has slaughtered thousands and thousands of people, calling it executions.”
- Mikhail Gorbachev was declared Man of the Year in 1987 and 1989. Gorbachev was an active member of the Communist Party during his college years and eventually became the head of the Soviet Union until its dissolution in 1991. He is a self-proclaimed atheist and a globalist.
Dean went on to point out that communist organizations like the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) were in America in the 1930’s. Roger Nash Baldwin, one of the founders of the ACLU said, “I am for socialism, disarmament, and ultimately for abolishing the State itself as an instrument of property, the abolition of the propertied class and sole control by those who produce wealth. Communism is the goal (Roger Nash Baldwin and the American Civil Liberties Union [New York: Columbia University Press, 2000], pp. 228-229).”
Another woman who believed in the same agenda was Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, who said, “The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it (Woman and the New Race, Margaret Sanger, 1920).”
All of these advanced wicked agendas, and those agendas still continue in many of those who are in power in America today.
“Since these things were known back then (the 20’s and 30’s),” Dean asks, “What happened at that time that people failed to actually execute God’s moral law against those crimes?”
You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.