Reports are coming out from those with personal knowledge of the security situation in Benghazi indicating that Senators, who have been in meetings behind closed doors listening to testimony, were shocked to learn that security personnel agents, supplied by the State Department, were not armed. Instead they had to be separated from Ambassador Chris Stevens in order to retrieve their M4 weapons, which were in a separate building.
There were no shots fired in return. On the embassy property, just the embassy property, none of those security agents blasted a single bullet from a single pistol or rifle at all in defense of the Ambassador—nothing.”
While the representatives on the panel were "inquisitive" and demanded to know what took place on the night the Ambassador Stevens and three others were murdered, the source described, “Part of the problem was they never really wanted to fully staff it [consulate], and so the numbers were really low.” He then added, “At one point in time they only had one State Department (security) personnel there in Benghazi. That was in April.”
Picket went on to add:
State Department Security personnel at the Benghazi embassy were each armed with M4 long guns and side pistols. In October, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb testified on Capitol Hill to the House Oversight Committee that during the attack, security agents raced to a separate building to get their weapons and tactical gear but only one of the agents could return to the Ambassador, thereafter.
“Gunfire was heard from multiple locations on the compound. One agent secured Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith, the information management officer, in the safe haven, “she said. “The other agents retrieved their M4 submachine guns and other tactical gear from Building B. When they attempted to return to the main building, they encountered armed attackers and doubled back to Building B,” Lamb added.
According to the Breitbart News source, the State Department security agents are “six week temporary duty assignments.”
This should be of grave concern. In fact, would anyone put it past our State Department that they gave orders not to fire? After all that is what the Department of Homeland Security was telling Border Patrol Agents to do. Are we to assume that Barack Obama authorized weapons to go to Libya from Qatar and were possibly used in this attack and these guys didn't fire any shots?
However, we knew the security task force was nothing more than a band of night watchmen, and bad ones at that. Newsmax reported back in October:
Security practices at the diplomatic compound, where Blue Mountain guards patrolled with flashlights and batons instead of guns, have come under U.S. government scrutiny in the wake of the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi that killed U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
Federal contract data shows that the Benghazi security contract, worth up to $783,284, was listed as a "miscellaneous" award, not as part of the large master State Department contract that covers protection for overseas embassies.
Blue Mountain hired about 20 Libyan men - including some who say they had minimal training - to screen visitors and help patrol the mission at Benghazi, according to Reuters interviews.
Some of the guards sustained injuries and said they were ill-prepared to protect themselves or others when heavily armed militants last month stormed the rented villa that was serving as the mission.
They also described being hired by Blue Mountain after a casual recruiting and screening process.
If this was done in Benghazi under this administration, where else is such laxed security taking place in the world?Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.