In the midst of growing tensions between the United States and Russia, due to increasing sanctions by the US and Russia ditching the US dollar, the Russian Military has publicly announced that the infamous White Helmets have filmed at least nine videos intended to serve as proof in accusations that the Syrian government has gassed its own people.
On Tuesday, the Russian military announced that it had intelligence that the Syrian government would be the target of said footage and claimed it would be released that day. Then, on Wednesday the Russian Reconciliation Center In Syria released a statement claiming that a number of Middle Eastern TV channels and a regional affiliate of a US broadcaster “have shot nine videos, in Jisr al-Shughur city in Idlib province, of a staged chemical attack” that will be blamed on the Syrian government.
“All the footage of the staged provocation in Jisr al-Shughur is to be delivered to the newsrooms of TV channels, which are to broadcast it after its publication on social media,” the statement claims.
All of the videos, according to the Russian government, show activists from the White Helmets group providing assistance to civilians “injured” in the non-existent attack.
As the state run media group RT reports, the Russian military details that on September 11, the White Helmets and terrorists from Tahrir al-Sham (commonly known as Al-Qaeda in Syria) held a meeting following the filming process, in which they selected two out of nine videos for future transfer to the United Nations and the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). The remaining videos are to be used for propaganda on social media networks due to the poor quality, the military claims.
As TFTP reported last month, the Russian Defense Ministry has made similar claims, noting that rebel groups inside Syria could also carry out a real attack to be blamed on Assad and be used to justify further US involvement in the region.
Defense Ministry Spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said that the “English-speaking specialists” are already in place to use poisonous agents. According to Konashenkov, residents have already been transported to Kafr Zita and are currently being prepared “to take part in the staging of the attack” and be filmed suffering from supposed “‘chemical munitions’ and ‘barrel bombs’ launched by the Syrian government forces.”
It is important to point out the possibility that the Russians are making the videos themselves to be used to discredit the United States. However, it is also important to point out that the US has used a similar video as a justification for a strike already.
Indeed, as TFTP has previously reported, witnesses have come forward and described how they were given free food to participate in the filming of a fake attack last April that was used to justify a US strike. After this report, witnesses were flown to the Hague to testify against the White Helmets at the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
In a press conference following the hearing, hospital staff and one of the children who claims to have been given free food to participate in a staged video said there was never an attack.
The video was the only publicly available “evidence” cited by the West which they used to justify launching a coordinated attack on Syria by the UK, France, and the United States.
The video showed journalists on the ground in Syria in recorded interviews with some of the people who were there for the alleged attacks – people who actually appeared in the video that was shared widely by Syrian rebels associated with the White Helmets on April 7th, provoking attacks from the United States Military and its allies.
One of the most compelling interviews was with an 11-year-old boy named Hassan Diab who can be clearly matched with one of the victims in the video. Fortunately, the young boy is safe and in good health, and suffered no chemical attack symptoms, but he is surely traumatized and confused by what he experienced.
Hassan told Russian journalist Evgeny Poddubny that he was walking the streets with his mother in search of food, when one of the people that they encountered insisted that they go to the hospital.
“Somebody was shouting that we had to go to the hospital, so we went there. When I came in, some people grabbed me and started pouring water over my head,” Hassan said.
Imagine being a young hungry child walking into a hospital expecting to find some food, only to be grabbed by strangers and soaked with water along with dozens of other children, all the while being surrounded with lights and cameras.
The boy was eventually found by his father, who said that he saw no evidence of a chemical attack. Yet the US, UK and France unleashed a bombing campaign on Syria anyway.
Article posted with permission from The Free Thought ProjectDon't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.