What could be more pure, virtuous and all-’round awesome for us all than a proposed national trade bill that is so incredibly supercool and sweet that nobody who has actually read it is allowed to even talk about the details in public before it’s voted on by our beloved “leaders” in DC?
What could be more pixie-dust magical and grand than placing even more economy- and culture-shaping power in our CaesaKing’sPresident’s hands by way of legislation so hush-hush that even a legislator who wants to actually, you know, read the bill before voting on it, can only do so in a special hermetically sealed room not unlike Magneto’s prison cell in X-Men and only then if they agree not to take notes and not to even discuss what they see while they’re hanging out with Magneto and the proposed legislation.
How awesome would that be, huh?!
If only we could experience such a thing. If only we could know the joy of such benevolence and lovingkindness by the guiding hands of our thoughtful, caring economic and political elites.
Well, fear not, fellow ‘Merican, ’cause we are indeed even as I type this in line for just such a treat right now!
As a matter of fact, by the time I finish typing and posting this note, the whole thing may be a done deal. It looks like the bill in question is likely to pass faster than you can say “Yay, ‘Merica!”
And let’s be honest: Is there any legit basis for surprise here? Are there any real grounds for “shock” and “horror” at this: the next obvious step down a path we’ve been compliantly and usually happily marching down for generations now? Isn’t this kind of “legislation” just par for the course and exactly what we deserve as a people at this point?
Put another way, isn’t this just the entirely predictable and well deserved economic aspect of God’s judgment upon us?
Think about is: If this bill’s approach to business, government and economics doesn’t scream “land of the free and home of the NSA” economics, nothing does. And this approach to business, government and economics is exactly what we are about to “enjoy,” according to scores of reports out today, including one from Breitbart, which informs us that:
Democrat Sens. Joe Manchin (WV) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) went to the Senate floor to push for immediate consideration of a bill that would make the Obamatrade text public — right now Congress has to go to a secured room to review the text and can’t take notes out or discuss what is in it with the public. That motion failed when Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) objected, since it required unanimous consent.
Make the trade bill’s text public?!
Before it’s voted on?!
But fear not, dear readers…the Pagan Right half of the Statist Dragon came in right on cue to save the day (see: How to Kill the Two-Headed Dragon (Before it Finishes Killing Us):
However, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) objected to Warren’s push to make the deal transparent.
“One concern I’ve heard from the opponents of trade promotion authority is the trade agreements currently under discussion have been negotiated behind closed doors. That would be renewing T.P.A. Congress would be enabling, even encouraging further secrecy,” Hatch argued.
Ironically, Hatch also admits he doesn’t know what is in the TPP deal, while at the same time he objects to the push for more transparency prior to any crucial votes.
“I don’t know fully what’s in T.P.P. myself, and I am going to be one of the most interested people on earth when that comes, if not the most interested, you know, when they finally agree. But there is — it’s still not a completed agreement, as far as I know,” admitted Hatch.
So much for a Pagan Right monopoly on fair use of the “but we have to pass the bill in order to find out what’s in it” line. Apparently, both the Pagan Right and Pagan Left heads of the Statist Dragon not only speak the same lingo, but tell the same jokes.
Back in October, Fire Breathing Christian published Why does God despise the US dollar? Here are seven reasons… which presented the following list of consequences of enabling our present wildly unbiblical/satanic economic system:
- [The U.S. dollar-based “fiat” economic foundation] is as “unfair a balance” as a balance can possibly be. Since the dollar was finally severed from its last objective restraints by President Richard Nixon in 1971, it has literally become detached from all external restraint. Those with the power to create (by printing press or keyboard stroke) this “money” are able to do so effortlessly. All they need is the will to create it. All they have to do is make a decision for there to be billions, trillions, or more, for whatever reason they desire, and the “money” becomes available…all while everyone else in the world is forced to spend their very life energy in pursuit of the amount of “money” made available for them to chase after by those who crafted it out of thin air. This “fiat currency” or “Monopoly money” approach could not possibly be more of an unfair balance. It is the ultimate “unfair balance” of Proverbs 11:1 and it is therefore the ultimate abomination of Proverbs 11:1.
- It fundamentally corrupts the concept of work. When some have the power to literally create wealth out of thin air, the requirement that work be done at some point in some way in order to acquire wealth is destroyed.
- It fundamentally corrupts the work ethic. When some have the power cited above, and others (the vast majority beneath them) do not, all who dare look are able to confirm that the concept of a true and good universal work ethic has been fundamentally undermined and corrupted.
- It enslaves the many to the few. When some are granted the power to craft the “money” needed to sustain life out of thin air, they are effectively granted the power to own everyone and everything beneath them. This is no exaggeration and it is actually the point of all fiat currency like the US dollar: Fiat currency is designed to accomplish fiat slavery of the masses.
- It fundamentally corrupts business. When some can either manufacture limitless wealth from nothingness or benefit from their friends who have been granted such power, and the rest of humanity is left to scrap and claw for even enough “money” to feed themselves, the business playing field has been fundamentally compromised and truly “free markets” become a fiction.
- It empowers the emerging Corpo-Fascist State: Governments and corporations use the power of fiat currency to control masses from birth to death. The few who are able to craft “money” from nothing use that wealth to build and expand governmental systems and corporate powers in ways that would be impossible if there was a biblically sound form of currency in place.
- It enables perpetual war. Without the ability to craft “money” out of thin air, it would be impossible to finance the never-ending military adventures used to perpetuate the growth of the State and the control of its subjects.
Hard as we may try and desperately as we may hope for a “real world” of our own in which we can do what we consider to be good and right by our standards, there is no escape from God’s binding reality and authority. There is nowhere to hide. There is no neutral ground to be found, here in ‘Merica or anywhere else.
Economics, business and work are His inventions. When we conform to His will as reveled in His Word in these civilization-shaping areas of life, these things bring joy, prosperity, and expansion of His Kingdom, all by His grace, for His glory, and to our eternal benefit.
When we don’t conform to the revealed will of the Author of economics; when we think we have a “better way” that will work well for us here in “the real world”…well…when we go that sort of route, it will always eventually lead us and our children toward ever increasing slavery, darkness and despair (see: Fiat $lavery: We have been bought and paid for…with nothing.)
May God grace us with the desire and opportunity to see biblically sound economics, business and politics applied here and in every other part of His creation, all in accordance with His Gospel-fueled Great Commission:
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28:18-20
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.