Australian politician and independent federal member for Denison Andrew Damien Wilkie warned parliament that Australia is becoming a police state.
Wilkie then listed the 10 attributes of this police state:
1. Surveillance of all electronic devices including phone calls SMS Email, SM and metadata will be stored and accessed without a warrant.
2. Manipulation of the media, bullying techniques used by ministers against media.
3. Manipulation of judiciary.
4. Ludicrous level of secrecy especially in regard to irregular immigration or asylum seekers.
5. Arrests for pre-crime, merely upon suspicion someone may do something in the future.
6. People in Australia can be incarcerated indefinitely without trial.
7. Disregard to international agreements and international laws that Australian Governments including ignoring their own statutes have signed off on (eg. The Rights of the Child and The Refugee Convention).
8. Parliament is forbidden to debate upon important decisions such as the government secretly deciding to declare war on Syria. No debate, no vote by Australian representatives.
9. Government safeguard mechanisms bullied and disregarded if they get in the government’s way (eg. the mistreatment on the human rights commissioner recently).
10. Security agencies acting beyond their legal power, Border Patrol going beyond legal powers (no one lost their jobs, no one was held to account).
Does any of this sound familiar, America?
Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.