I’m not sure how much evidence Americans need to realize the guy in the White House is a serious Communist, but the creation of Obama’s Rural Council on back in June of 2011 is about the most any “hopey-changey” person would need.
The executive order states, “To enhance the Federal Government’s efforts to address the needs of rural America, this order establishes a council to better coordinate Federal programs and maximize the impact of Federal investment to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in our rural communities.”
Gee, doesn’t that sound nice? In case no one is noticing, the Federal government has no Constitutional authority to do anything with rural communities. Rural communities are within the purview of the states, not the Federal government.
The order covers 16% of the American population who lives in rural counties because they “supply our food, fiber, and energy, safeguard our natural resources, and are essential in the development of science and innovation.”
Well, isn’t that news to us all…?? That our rural areas are agrarian and supply natural resources to the rest of us? I guess Obama thought we didn’t notice that, so he ought to take charge of those areas. You know he can do what no one else can, such as; make the oceans recede and lower the temperatures of the planet, and increase jobs, too!! What a guy!
“On June 9, 2011, an Executive Order established the White House Rural Council with 25 executive branch departments including Defense, Justice, Homeland Security, National Drug Control, Environmental Quality, Labor, Commerce, Interior, EPA, Housing, Health, Education to name just a few.”
Executive orders are becoming more and more intrusive, brash, and prevalent. I wonder when these executive orders get rescinded…?? Do we ever see that happen? I’ve seen those cute photo ops with all of the former Presidents standing side by side and smiling, being buddies as if in an exclusive club. Maybe there is some unwritten rule that Presidents just don’t undo what the previous Presidents did out of some sort of hat tip to the guy who went before them. Whatever the reason, the “ticking time bombs” these guys put into place never seem to go away. So whoever gets the White House the next time is the lucky inheritor of the White House Rural Council? And Bush and Obama have inherited the President’s Council on Sustainable Development. And so on…without end? So the executive branch of Czars and unelected bureaucratic monsters just keep multiplying over time. Trust me we are already covered up with them. Swamped. Suffocated. Saturated.
When it comes to Bill Clinton’s President’s Council on Sustainable Development and this new one, the White House Rural Council, the limits have been broken. Both of these are anti-property rights programs. Land use, natural resources, water, even “views” are now under siege by the White House.
We know Obama knows this is an un-Constitutional over-reach, a slap in the face of all Americans. But he doesn’t care. Why would a Communist care about such things. His goal is to turn all of America into an outdated soviet style system put together by collectivist ideology. That’s his idea of “progress?”
This has happened before in the last century. And it didn’t turn out too well actually. Lenin set the collectivization of rural Ukraine in motion before Stalin took it and ran with it. Between the two of them, the Ukraine suffered beyond description. It is the other holocaust you don’t hear about. And now we have a parade of American Presidents putting the same collectivism in place here in the U.S., one building on the last one’s authoritarian creep against our freedom.
I wrote about the Ukrainian Holomodor in February 2010. Here is the History Lesson of the Day:
Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union, set in motion events designed to cause a famine in the Ukraine to destroy the people there seeking independence from his rule. As a result, an estimated 7,000,000 persons perished in this farming area, known as the breadbasket of Europe, with the people deprived of the food they had grown with their own hands.
Stalin also imposed the Soviet system of land management known as collectivization. This resulted in the seizure of all privately owned farmlands and livestock, in a country where 80 percent of the people were traditional village farmers.
Consequently, the U.S. House passed HR 2749 in 2009. Several things to be aware of in the bill are:
* HR 2749 would impose an annual registration fee of $500 on any “facility” that holds, processes, or manufactures food. (Hmmm…I think I am storing and processing food in my home kitchen. I occasionally make my own bread or jam or salads. Guess I’d better register with the Federal government and hand over $500 buckaroos.)
* HR 2749 would empower FDA to regulate how crops are raised and harvested. It puts the federal government right on the farm, dictating to our farmers. ( I think the Feds have already been doing this to some extent. This just hands the FDA more power on steroids….instead of at the point of market, it is on the private property of the farm.)
* HR 2749 would give FDA the power to order a quarantine of a geographic area, including “prohibiting or restricting the movement of food or of any vehicle being used or that has been used to transport or hold such food within the geographic area.” (You better not drive your SUV to the Farmer’s Market to transport that food to your home…the food police are on your tail. Martial law for Farmer’s Markets)
* HR 2749 would empower FDA to make random warrantless searches of the business records of small farmers and local food producers, without any evidence whatsoever that there has been a violation. ( You’re screwed. Don’t even think about taking that pie to the wake of your friend’s dead relative.)
* HR 2749 charges the Secretary of Health and Human Services with establishing a tracing system for food. Each “person who produces, manufactures, processes, packs, transports, or holds such food” [Is this not every home in the US?] would have to “maintain the full pedigree of the origin and previous distribution history of the food,” and “establish and maintain a system for tracing the food that is interoperable with the systems established and maintained by other such persons.” (Bog them down with regulations that cannot be possibly adhered to….it’s the Marxist way. You will not be able to sustain yourself without collective government force. )
* HR 2749 creates severe criminal and civil penalties, including prison terms of up to 10 years and/or fines of up to $100,000 for each violation for individuals. (Punishment by fiat? Who enforces this? The FDA now assumes the right to implement fines and penalties without judicial review? Are we having fun yet?)
This bill has yet to pass the Senate though the bill is being referred to as the Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009.
Evidently Obama has learned his lessons well from his Communist parents. He intervenes to liberate Libya from Gaddafi and aid Syrian rebels to oberthrow their government, while here at home he intends to enslave our entire population. He is working successfully on the price rationing of energy and energy starvation here and now. How long before he, and the inheriting Presidents coming after him, implement rationing of food, fibers, natural resources, and all else in America? Smart Meters anyone?
What a bad joke this and these past Presidents are. I’m not laughing. The Ukrainian dead are not laughing. The Ukrainian dead are telling us their story for good reason. In fact, here’s just one account of a survivor under the Stalin regime:
“In 1932-1933, Stalin was dissatisfied with Ukraine. People didn’t want to give up their individual property in favour of collective farms. So a “solution” was found. All food was taken away from villages, by force. People trying to hide even small amounts of food were arrested and sent to labour camps. Trains were monitored so that peasants could not leave. 7 million dead is probably a good guess, though no one will know for sure. In Ukraine, these years are known as “Holodomor” – “slow killing by starvation”. It has been called a Ukrainian Holocaust, a genocide.”
If you don’t think Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler are alive and well in our midst, you would be wrong. Anyway, you can contact your senators to try to stop them from passing this disastrous monster.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.