Another top military commander has been fired by Barack Obama. Col. Eric Tilley, commander of the US Army Garrison Japan, has been relieved of his duty and reassigned pending, you guessed it, another investigation into "misconduct."
According to U.S. Army Japan, Col. Eric Tilley was suspended from his job by Maj. Gen. James C. Boozer Sr., commander of U.S. Army Japan and I Corps (Forward) for a "lack of confidence" based on the results of an inquiry.
A spokesman for U.S. Army Japan, Maj. Kevin Toner, would not elaborate on what prompted a "lack of confidence," saying it would be "inappropriate to make public the allegations because the investigation did not lead to findings of criminal misconduct."
Tilley is to be replaced by Col. Joy Curriera.
Tilley is the latest in a long line of purging of top military by the Obama administration. His replacement, Col. Joy Curriera, is listed as a "National War College Student" on her LinkedIn Profile. She was educated at Webster University and has previously been involved in US Army Human Resources Command. This does lead one to wonder why a Colonel would be relieved of duty and replaced by a "war college student."
Several other military leaders have been purged from the military, including two top nuclear chiefs.
In Michael Maloof's article at WND he also interviewed retired Navy Capt. Joseph John, who is currently chairman of Combat Veterans For Congress PAC (Political Action Committee), which has helped elect 20 combat veterans to Congress.
Dr. Ewoyn notes John's military career as "A Naval Academy graduate, John had three tours of duty in Vietnam, served as an al-Qaida expert for the FBI, was a commanding officer with SEALs embedded on special operations, and was awarded the Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal, five Meritorious Service Medals and 22 medals and unit citations for combat operations in Vietnam, Philippines, Desert Storm and on anti-terrorist operations."
"The 'bigger picture,'" John told WND, "is that the U.S. Armed Forces have been under relentless attack by the occupant of the Oval Office for five years."
"I believe there are more than 137 officers who have been forced out or given bad evaluation reports so they will never make Flag (officer), because of their failure to comply to certain views," John told WND. Our numbers were closer to 200.
"The truly sad story is that many of the brightest graduates of the three major service academies witnessing what the social experiment on diversity … is doing to the U.S. military, are leaving the service after five years," he said. "We are being left with an officer corps that can be made to be more compliant, that is, exactly what Obama needs to effect his long range goals for the U.S. military."
John outlined several things to WND in an email that he saw as the "most egregious" aspects of Obama's attack on the military during his time in office.
- Changing the rules of engagement, which have led to countless deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq, including the largest loss of life in Afghanistan, Extortion 17.
- The repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," which has resulted in the first openly homosexual "major military force in the world" and has allowed for "massive" sexual assaults on "thousands of straight military male personnel that have been covered up."
- A silencing of freedom of religion and speech among military chaplains
- Major cuts to the military that John says restricts as many as seven aircraft carriers to port, "leaving them open to another Pearl Harbor-type of attack."
- Downgrading physical fitness qualifications in elite units such as the Rangers, SEALs, Green Berets and combat infantry, so "women can be placed into those units."
- Assigning women to submarines and ships, which result in adultery, breaking up of families and removal of senior enlisted personnel and commanding officers, leading to a lack of battle readiness onboard the ships.
While Obama won't do anything to allow Congress to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, involving his own Attorney General, and he won't fire federal law breaker Kathleen Sebelius, he is more than willing to target members of our military and demoralize them.
Again, I ask, when will those in our military who are still in positions of power, with ability to uphold their oath, do exactly that against the domestic enemy of the Constitution and the American people?Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.