North Korea is in the process of ignoring the warnings of the Trump administration. Not only did they test a missile that failed miserably over the weekend, but they paraded what one weapon analyst referred to as a "frankenmissile."
“We’re totally floored right now,” said Dave Schmerler, a Middlebury Institute of International Studies researcher. “I was not expecting to see this many new missile designs.”
“A lot of this may be intimidation or bluffing, but it’s potentially a sign of things to come,” Schmerler said.
Here's a look.
Pyongyang displays military hardware, including possible new ICBM described as a ‘frankenmissile’ https://t.co/K8j8jZogeV
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) April 15, 2017
Turns out the submarine-launched ballistic missile wasn't the big unveil. This is: pic.twitter.com/s2mNBMuON2
— Martyn Williams (@martyn_williams) April 15, 2017
And then we saw two brand new wheeled transporters with canisters. What is inside them? A new ICBM? Two new ICBMS? Nothing?
— Jeffrey Lewis (@ArmsControlWonk) April 15, 2017
There are questions concerning capabilities of the North Korean missiles and their advancement to deliver a nuclear warhead to the US.
“It certainly appears to be a message to the United States that they’re capable of threatening the U.S. homeland. That’s certainly their objective,” said Adam Mount, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress.
However, with what we have seen from North Korea so far, it doesn't appear they are very good or capable at building missiles just yet. In fact, most analysts admit that they have no idea if the missiles being paraded around are even functional.
“We don’t know what — if anything — was inside the canisters since North Korea hasn’t publicly shown off or tested any missile of that size before,” said analyst Ankit Panda.
“We can infer, given the size of the canister and the fact that it was paraded on Saturday, that Pyongyang wants the world to know that it is actively working toward at least two types of solid-fuel, canisterized ICBMs,” Panda added.
On Thursday, I reported that North Korea had deported 600,000 from its capital as President Trump sent an Armada to apparently make good on his threat against the Communist country.
“All the brigandish provocative moves of the U.S. in the political, economic and military fields pursuant to its hostile policy toward the DPRK will thoroughly be foiled through the toughest counteraction of the army and people of the DPRK,” the official Korean Central News Agency said. “Our toughest counteraction against the U.S. and its vassal forces will be taken in such a merciless manner as not to allow the aggressors to survive."Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.