On Wednesday, a Libyan militia leader, who was convicted of the deadly attacks in Benghazi on September 11, 2012, which resulted in the deaths of a US ambassador and three other Americans, was sentenced to 22 years in Washington, DC by a federal judge.
The obvious question for those paying attention to American politics, or propaganda, at the time was that the Obama administration went out of their way to deceive the American people about the attack, claiming that it was the result of some Muslims who were upset about a video that was actually produced by a Muslim, not a Coptic Christian, who was an agent of former Attorney General Eric Holder.
We know the YouTube video was irrelevant and it was, in fact, an Islamic jihad attack that apparently involved former Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Morsi.
Ahmed Abu Khattala, 47, was acquitted by a federal jury in November 2017 of murder and attempted murder in the September 11, 2012 attack which was portrayed in the film 13 Hours that was based on the book of the same name.
However, Khattala was convicted on charges including conspiracy and providing material support to terrorists.
Khattala was a ringleader for those who carried out the attack on the US diplomatic mission and Central Intelligence Agency annex.
Legal analysts said the ability of the government to incapacitate Abu Khattala through a life sentence or its practical equivalent would influence decisions whether to seek civilian prosecutions in similar cases in the future. Prosecutors had sought a life sentence; the defense sought 15 years. While some observers saw Cooper’s judgment as a setback for prosecutors, he cast it otherwise.
“Even if you did not pour the gasoline or light the match, the evidence showed you were aware of the attack, and once the gates were breached, the likelihood someone would die was extreme high. This was not guilt by association,” Cooper told Abu Khattala. “This case stands as an exemplar for the principle that a defendant accused of international terrorism can get a fair trial in the U.S. criminal justice system.”
Federal prosecutors said Abu Khattala helped mastermind a terrorist strike abroad that resulted in the deaths of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three others and that he deserved the maximum punishment.
“This fact alone, the first killing of a U.S. Ambassador while in the performance of his duties in nearly 40 years, makes this case a truly singular event and warrants imposition of the maximum sentence permissible under the law,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael C. DiLorenzo wrote in a sentencing recommendation by prosecutors.
While all of this is certainly true, why has no one else been brought to justice? obviously many were sent to the Judge of all men that night by brave Americans, but there were those coordinating the attacks and who survived after having attacked the US. Where are they?
Remember, Khattala was the guy that no one in government was able to find, but somehow CNN scored a video interview with him. He was the suspect behind the Benghazi attacks who was freely roaming the streets in Libya without any concern for being picked up.
As we previously reported:
What is unknown by many in the western media is that Khattala's role was with groups connected to Abu Obayda Bin Aljarah Brigade (and F17MB), the very group the Obama Administration assigned to and entrusted to watch over the U.S. embassy.
It was Ansar al-Sharia that prompted the attack and is actually made up of former members of Abu Obayda Bin Aljarah Brigade and the February 17 Martrys Brigade (F17MB).
Ahmed Abu Khattala was a commander with the group that attacked the Benghazi compound. He had also been a leader in the group charged with protecting the compound.
Witnesses said they saw vehicles with the Ansar Al-Sharia logo at the scene of the attack, and that Ansar al-Sharia commander Ahmed Abu Khattala was present. Khattala was once the leader of Al-Jarrah Brigade, which formed the February 17 Martyrs Brigade.
State Department employee Sean Smith, US Ambassador Chris Stevens and CIA contractors Tyrone S. Woods and Glen Doherty were all killed that night in the attack.
It's great that Khattala is being held accountable, but imprisonment at the expense of taxpayers for 22 years is hardly justice. It's an injustice to America, her people and those who were killed. The man should be marched out and summarily shot for his crimes that he knew would result in murder.
Furthermore, the fact that this guy is the only person who is carrying the weight of guilt is even more troubling. It's almost as if the US has said, "We've got our guy and justice is served. There's nothing more we can do."Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.