It should be no surprise that Muslim Congressman Keith "Hakim Muhammad" Ellison recently introduced anti-India and anti-Hindu legislation in Congress - H.R. 417. The resolution blames Hindus for communal attacks when it is clear that the majority of violence has been carried out by Muslim jihadists. The proposed legislation charges India with "minority oppression" and calls for the creation of special courts to try "religious minorities."
In 2007, Ellison took his oath of office on a Koran, a book that commands Muslims to wage violent jihad against non-Muslims and institute an Islamic government or caliphate under shariah or Islamic doctrine.
In 2008, Muslim Brotherhood front, the Muslim American Society (MAS), financed Ellison's pilgrimage to Mecca or Hajj to the tune of $13,350. The Muslim Brotherhood has stated that "Muslims must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house by their hands...so that...Allah's religion is made victorious over all other religions."
It looks like the Muslims in India are the new Arab-Palestinians claiming victimization and the need for special protection from India's majority Hindu society. Except, not unlike the situation in Israel, the "terror victims" are really the terrorist victimizers.
In his book Negationism in India, orientalist and writer Koenard Elst estimates that 80 million Hindus have been killed in the jihad against India which began over 1,000 years ago. He demonstrates that there is a "prohibition" of criticism of Islam in India and a denial of "historic crimes against humanity" akin to Holocaust denial. Elst maintains that modern India is half the size of ancient India due to jihad.
From a Press release related to opposition to the bill:
U.S. Congressmen Joe Pitts (R-PA) and Keith Ellison (D-MN) are at it again. They've introduced another anti-India and anti-Hindu piece of legislation in Congress -- House Resolution 417 (H. Res. 417).
Supporters of this legislation have hired a lobbying firm to encourage Congressmen to support it. We need YOU to counter their efforts by calling your Representative TODAY. We have till Friday 5:00pm to make a lasting impact.
HAF has been personally reaching out hundreds of Congressmen. But Congressmen want to hear from their constituents - meaning YOU.
What makes H.Res 417 flawed?
- Blames only Hindu nationalism for communal violence and ignores the fact that 80% of attacks in India in 2012 were carried out by the Indian Mujahideen, with much of the remaining 20% carried out by Maoist terrorists;
- Fails to mention the attacks on Akshardham, Bodh Gaya, and others in India as well as the communally charged public statements by Islamist leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, Andhra Pradesh MLA, in 2013 against Hindu deities and practitioners;
- Calls for the creation of religious minority courts to conduct trials and appeals - a suggestion that neither Congressmen has offered to 1) countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Malaysia, where religious minorities face serious repression and; 2) the U.S., where courts, like in India, are secular in nature;
- Ignores India's unprecedented religious accommodations for minorities, and instead calls for the repeal of "anti-conversion" laws while failing to mention the detrimental impact on social harmony caused by predatory proselytization and coerced conversions primarily carried out by U.S. based missionary outfits;
- Disregards the findings of the Indian Supreme Court's Special Investigative Team (SIT) absolving Modi of complicity in the 2002 Gujarat riots and omits the findings of the SIT which uncovered that some human rights activists deliberately falsified evidence and concocted macabre incidents of violence.
What should you say?
Click here to find your Representative's contact information. Call only your Representative's Washington, D.C. office, NOT your Senators.
There are 29 Representatives currently supporting this resolution. Click here to see if your representative has signed and follow the first script. If your representative is not on the list, follow the second script.
If your Representative is on this list, please use the following script:
Hello my name is <NAME>, and I am a constituent of Representative <REP'S NAME>. I, along with many members of the local Indian American community, am extremely upset that my Representative co-sponsored H. Res 417 - a resolution that is highly critical of India's pluralistic ethos and independent judiciary, and undermines US-India relations. As a constituent, I am asking that the Congressman rescind his/her co-sponsorship. I would like to email your office a letter from the Hindu American Foundation that explains the community's concerns in detail. Can you please provide me with the email address of the appropriate staff member?
If your Representative hasn't co-sponsored the resolution, please use the following script:
Hello my name is <NAME>, and I am a constituent of Representative <REP'S NAME>. I am asking my Representative not to co-sponsor House Resolution 417. While it praises India initially, it quickly becomes critical of India's pluralistic ethos and independent judiciary, and it undermines US-India relations. As Hindu Americans, we are appalled that this inaccurate and flawed legislation was even introduced. I would like to email your office a letter from the Hindu American Foundation that explains the community's concerns in detail. Can you please provide me with the email address of the appropriate staff member?
Once you have called, please fill out this short form so HAF knows you've played a key role! HAF may need constituents of certain House members to play a bigger role.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.