On Friday, Michigan State Senator and Majority Leader Randy Richardville (R-Monroe) told People Against the NDAA's (PANDA) Michigan team that the first item for consideration in the new January legislative session will be a bill that states that Michigan will no comply with the indefinite detention provisions of the 2012 NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act).
According to the press release by Founder of PANDA Dan Johnson:
The bill, originally introduced in June of this year, was passed unanimously (107-0) by the Michigan House earlier this month. On Tuesday the bill was referred to the full Senate by the Judiciary Committee chaired by Senator Rick Jones (R-Grand Ledge) without a dissenting vote. The progress enjoyed by HB 5768 to this point was unusually quick and the unrelenting visits, calls, and emails from volunteers played a key role in this progress. This week, Senators and their offices were quite impressed by the large volume of calls and emails made by the energetic members of PANDA and coalition partners in support of the bill.
Johnson also went on to state, "We will be back in January with numbers, spirit and enthusiasm. Building on our success in 2012, we will focus the energies of our growing army of volunteers on getting the bill through the House and Senate and on to Governor Snyder's desk for his signature. We ask all those concerned about the NDAA to prepare to join us in January for our final push."
In addition, legislators often catch the heat for things they support that they shouldn't. This is an opportunity to call or email the following lawmakers and thank them for supporting the bill.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.
1. Rep. Tom McMillin (R-Auburn Hills), Chairman of the House Oversight Committee. Bill author and sponsor
(517) 373-1773 ; [email protected]
2. Sen. Rick Jones (R-Grand Ledge), Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee
(517) 373-3447 ; [email protected]
3. Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker (R- Kalamazoo), Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee
(517) 373-0793 ; Fax - (517) 373-5607
4. Sen. Tory Rocca (R- Sterling Heights), Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee
(517) 373-7315 ; Fax - (517) 373-3126
5. Sen. John Pappageorge (R- Birmingham), 2013 Senate Sponsor
(517) 373-2523 ; Fax - (517) 373-5669
6. Rep. Greg MacMaster (R-Kewadin), Co-sponsor
(517) 373-0829 ; [email protected]
7. Rep. Jeff Irwin (D- Ann Arbor), Co-sponsor
(517) 373-2577 ; [email protected]