(The Washington Standard) As is the case with many things that take place, the media was virtually MIA (Missing in Action) when it came to a President Donald Trump’s rescission of the delegation of authority to the Veterans Administration. However, The Washington Standard have obtained a copy of the memorandum signed by United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert L. Wilkie.
My colleague, Lauren Price from Veteran Warriors, provided me with the documentation, which took her weeks if not month to obtain.
According to the memo, the following Delegations of Authority to the Chief of Staff, dated February 2, 2009, and February 26, 2018, are rescinded:
- Delegation of Authority to Review and Sign an Agency Report to the Office of Special Counsel
- Delegation of Authority to make Determinations on “No Action” Recommendations regarding Senior Executive Service and title 38 Senior Executive Equivalent Employees
- Delegation of Authority for Disciplinary Actions Relating to Intentional Discrimination and Retaliation
- Delegation of Authority to Sign on Behalf of the Secretary
- Delegtation of Authority to Approve Personnel Actions
- Delegation of Authority to Approve All Permanent Change of Station/Relocation Actions
- Delegation of Authority for Rulemaking, Notices, and Significant Guidance Documents
This basically takes the authority of anyone in the VA to sign anything on behalf of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, who answers to the president, away from them. Therefore this memo says that the buck stops with Secretary Wilkie, and even ultimately, under our Constitution, with President Trump.
The policy became effective August 3, 2018.
However, an internet search will demonstrate that no major media outlet even covered this important memo. However, we’re providing the documentation to the American people and doing the job of the press that they are supposed to do rather than engaging in their propaganda.
Article posted with permission from The Washington Standard
Don’t forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation. If you don’t see a commenting section below, please disable your adblocker.