Michael Moore should stick to making movies. All the ones he has churned out are crap, so it looks like he needs more practice at that.
However, following the Las Vegas shooting, Moore took to Facebook to call for a repeal of the Second Amendment and adopt a 28th Amendment that would prohibit your right to purchase what you like as far as guns go and inserts the notion that people have a right to be free from gun violence.
However, he is seeking to implement the very thing in which major cities in America, including Chicago and New York have done and yet, they continue to see increases in violent acts that involve guns.
While Moore called the Second Amendment “ancient and outdated” because it was written before bullets, revolvers and modern weapons were created, he doesn’t mention anything about the First Amendment being “ancient and outdated” simply because he is profiting from things like mobile video, television and the internet to voice his anti-American ideas.
Here’s his post.
My Proposal to Repeal the Second Amendment and Replace It With This:PROPOSED 28th AMENDMENT TO THE US CONSTITUTION “A…
PROPOSED 28th AMENDMENT TO THE US CONSTITUTION
“A well regulated State National Guard, being helpful to the safety and security of a State in times of need, along with the strictly regulated right of the people to keep and bear a limited number of non-automatic Arms for sport and hunting, with respect to the primary right of all people to be free from gun violence, this shall not be infringed.”
“I, Michael Moore, along with all who support an end to this epidemic of gun violence, propose a new Amendment to our Constitution that repeals the ancient and outdated 2nd Amendment (which was written before bullets and revolvers were even invented), and replaces it with a new 28th Amendment that guarantees States can have State militias (a.k.a. State National Guards which are made up of citizen-soldiers who are called upon in times of natural disasters or other State emergencies), allows individuals to use guns for sport and gathering food, and guarantees everyone the right to be free of, and protected from, gun violence (i.e., the public’s safety comes ahead of an individual’s right to own and fire a gun),” Moore wrote.
According to Moore, ”
This amendment would allow states and the federal government to pass laws that would regulate gun ownership in the following manner:”
• As over 90% of gun violence is committed by men, in order for a man to purchase a gun, he must first get a waiver from his current wife, plus his most recent ex-wife, or any woman with whom he is currently in a relationship (if he’s gay, he must get the waiver from his male spouse/partner). This law has greatly reduced most spousal/domestic gun murders in Canada.
• All automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned.
• No gun or clip can hold more than 6 bullets.
• To activate a gun for it to be used, the trigger must recognize the fingerprint of its registered owner. This will eliminate most crimes committed with a gun as 80% of these crimes are done with a stolen gun.
• One’s guns must be stored at a licensed gun club or government-regulated gun storage facility. Believing that having a gun in your home provides you with protection is an American myth. People who die from a home invasion make up a sad but minuscule .04% of all gun murders in the US. And over a third of them are killed by their own gun that the criminal has either stolen or wrestled from them.
• To own and operate a gun one must obtain a license (like one does to operate a car). To get a license you have to complete a gun training and safety course and pass a thorough background check.
• As nearly half of all gun deaths are suicides, mental health care must become a top national health priority and must be properly funded. And by making it more difficult to purchase a gun – and requiring its storage outside the home – easy access during a suicidal moment is denied.
• Current restrictions placed on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), due to successful lobbying by the NRA, have prohibited them from studying the gun violence epidemic in the US. These rules need to be removed and the funding restored. Science will then be free to find out why we are ALONE among nations in killing each other at such a massive rate (hint: It’s not just the guns – it’s us as Americans).
OK, OK. So all automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned. You guys will just have revolvers. Oh, and if you have it, you’ve got to have a “smart gun,” which is really a dumb gun that allegedly only you can use, but can be foiled fairly simply.
Additionally, by banning ALL of these weapons, isn’t Moore going to also be arming the State National Guard, police and military with revolvers.
“This is the sane approach that meets everyone’s needs – everyone, that is, except those of the serial killer, the mass murderer, the violent ex-husband, the disgruntled employee or the disturbed and bullied teenager,” Moore wrote.
Sadly, this doesn’t stop those serial killers, mass murderers, violent husbands, disgruntled employee or the disturbed and bullied teenager, does it? Nope, it does not.
“This can come to an end with the repeal of the 2nd Amendment and replacing it with the 28th Amendment,” Moore said.
Actually, it would do no such thing as criminals would continue to have the very weapons Moore wants to be outlawed.
One thing Moore never addresses is that little issue in the Constitution that would remain about the militia being those who enforce the laws of the union, but I’m sure he doesn’t even know that little section exists.
Even more ironic is something that Mac Slavo pointed out.
He wrote, “It’s nothing short of ironic hypocrisy that the very people who think Donald Trump is ‘literally Hitler’ are now begging Trump’s government to disarm and take control of the very item which could save them against ‘literally Hitler.’ History repeats itself.”Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.