Emmett Tyrrell went overboard at times in his 1984 book, The Liberal Crack-up, particularly when he described former President Jimmy Carter as “a scamp mountebank from jerkwater America whose knowledge of government and of history was somewhere between that of the washroom attendant at '21' and a modestly educated welfare queen." And when he portrayed Andrew Young as "probably the most perfect specimen of an ass ever to serve as an American diplomat." His prediction of an imminent liberal crack-up never did materialize. However, his appraisal of the metamorphosis that occurred among liberals in the 1960s and 1970s seems even more appropriate today.
Although the world of politics has always been a scrappy arena, the reality of a President Trump has radicalized Democrats and has brought them to a level of derangement that few could have seen coming.
A look at the actions and behavior of liberals in just the last week indicates they are now hurtling toward a liberal crack-up.
Let’s start with the anonymous op-ed published in Wednesday’s New York Times, written supposedly by a senior staffer inside the Trump White House. (For all we know, it was written by Sarah Jeong. Just kidding.)
I have a feeling the author of the op-ed will be revealed soon, but the larger issue, however, is the reaction by the left who are taking this cowardly essay as validation that Trump should be removed from office.
The Washington Post’s headline: ‘THE SLEEPER CELLS HAVE AWOKEN’: TRUMP AND AIDES SHAKEN BY ‘RESISTANCE’ OP-ED.
California Democrat and fierce Trump critic Rep. Ted Lieu called the "stunning" essay "a cry for help" that supports a host of other reports which say "Trump is unfit to lead our great nation."
This stunning OpEd in the New York Times by a senior @realDonaldTrump official is a cry for help. It also validates what 3 books & numerous articles have laid out: Trump is unfit to lead our great nation.
But the GOP Congress remains complicit. You can change that. Vote this Nov https://t.co/skJTFUPYK3
— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) September 5, 2018
Then, we had the release of Bob Woodward’s White House insider tell-all book, which is everything we thought it would be. Following so closely on the heels of Omarosa’s book, it probably won’t get as much traction as it otherwise would have. Similar to a child star who never quite reaches that same level of success in adulthood, Bob Woodward has tried his whole life to get some of that Watergate magic back, but somehow it keeps eluding him.
By now, we’ve all seen the video from the opening of Supreme Court Justice Nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s Senate Confirmation Hearing on Tuesday starring the repellent Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and the mendacious Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), among others. We watched US Senators devolve into belligerent, sophomoric children and protestors shouting “Vote No,” in their efforts to stop the hearing. To his credit, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), would not give in. Where was auctioneer, Rep. Billy Long (R-MO), when we needed him?
Just last week, political analyst Robert Reich, former Clinton Administration Cabinet Secretary, said: “When election results should be nullified, then it is right to nullify the results. And that’s what should happen with Trump’s election.” Do you mean we could have nullified Obama’s victory and I didn’t know it?
And then we heard the news that Nike has offered a contract to first kneeler Colin Kaepernick as the face of their “Just do it” campaign. The ad’s tag line reads, “Believe in something. Even if you have to sacrifice everything.” Kaepernick was an overrated and overpaid football player. He doesn’t know a thing about sacrifice.
The backlash against the company has been swift and intense. Nike lost billions of dollars in market cap on Tuesday. Customers have been shown burning their Nike apparel on social media platforms and many Americans have planned to boycott the company. This was not a very smart business decision. But they sure scored a lot of points with liberals. The company is saying that they will more than make up for lost sales by new customers who are so pleased with their boldness in choosing Kaepernick. I doubt it.
Social media platforms, all founded and run by progressives, are trying harder than ever to silence conservative voices on their sites ahead of the midterm elections. Paul Joseph Watson of censored website Infowars says, “It can no longer be denied that there is a coordinated, sustained agenda to censor and silence conservatives by social media Silicon Valley giants as part of a giant election meddling scheme.”
Watson has prepared a partial list of those affected:
- Alex Jones: Banned by Facebook, YouTube (Google), Apple, Spotify and numerous other tech platforms all within one 48 period.
- Congressional candidate Elizabeth Heng: campaign ads banned by Facebook and Twitter.
- Roger Stone: Banned by Twitter.
- Gavin McInnes & the Proud Boys: Banned by Twitter over spurious claims of “supporting violence” and being an “extremist group,” despite McInnes and his Proud Boy group repeatedly disavowing violence.
- Prager University: Repeatedly censored by YouTube.
- Diamond and Silk: Repeatedly suspended by Facebook
- Robert Spencer: Mastercard pressured Patreon to remove Spencer’s payment processing facility on unsupported accusations of violence-promotion.
- Alveda King: Facebook censored paid ads for a pro-life campaign.
- Britanny Pettibone: Banned by Patreon.
- Lauren Southern: Banned by Patreon.
- Laura Loomer: Banned by Facebook after confronting a Muslim political candidate.
- Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn: Twitter censored a campaign ad in which Blackburn criticized Planned Parenthood.
- CJ Pearson: Facebook account locked for posting a video supporting Rudy Giuliani’s criticisms of Obama.
- Hunter Avellone: Banned by Twitter.
- Elizabeth Johnston (Activist Mommy): Suspended by Twitter “after she criticized a Teen Vogue editor who approved of publishing an article that encouraged youth to have anal sex.”
- Chicks on the Right: Suspended by Facebook.
- Owen Benjamin: Banned by Twitter for insulting David Hogg.
- Tommy Robinson: Banned by Twitter for the vague accusation of “hateful conduct.”
- Sargon of Akkad: Banned by Twitter.
- Pamela Geller: Repeatedly suspended by Facebook.
- Milo Yiannopolous: Banned by Twitter before the 2016 election for stridently criticizing a Ghostbusters movie and one of its stars, Leslie Jones.
- Swedish right-wing political parties: YouTube has repeatedly deleted right-wing content on the eve of Sweden’s national election.
This list is not complete, but it clearly illustrates how many conservative voices are being silenced by the left.
Liberals still can’t accept the reality of a President Trump and they are desperate to remove him from office. Their tactics, which at one time were shrewd and deliberate, have become transparent and ungraceful. So convinced were they that Hillary Clinton would win the presidency, that they grew sloppy and ignored the consequences of their actions prior to the election. And now, many of them are in so deep, it’s impossible to extricate themselves. It’s no longer a choice for them. The whole group has contracted Trump Derangement Syndrome and they may indeed be heading for a liberal crack-up.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.