It could happen at any time.
At least that’s what many experts think.
There are gross violations of the Constitution and the rights of the people at every turn. It is a daily staple of the news cycle. There have been potential flashpoints on the scale of Lexington Green (which started the American revolution in 1775) over and over again.
And people have never been so divided at any time in the collective memory.
Between threats of gun confiscation at the federal level, and repeated incidences of SWAT teams and military-like police forces abusing their power against people in their homes and at protests, there are many reasons to think things have gone too far. The PATRIOT Act, the NDAA, the TSA and Homeland Security all represent the occupation of the American people and the complete destruction of civil liberties.
Will something spark a revolution or a civil war, or will the powers that be lose the ability to pit people against each other?
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes said (in the video above):
“If we defend it together, we can avoid bloodshed here at home. But if we allow our police to militarize and turn into an occupying army, or we allow our military to be used here at home domestically against the people, there will be another fight. And there should be.”
As Rhodes notes, many law enforcement officials have spoken out about the unconstitutional acts of this government, and have indicated that they will stand with the people. This is the best outcome, but not the only one that may happen.
Even at the top of the system, there are many who have rebelled and dissented against the unconstitutional and delusional acts of the sitting president. How much more can the system bear before it cracks at the foundation?
The You Tube channel Verify Events Research writes:
Award winning democrat Seymour Hersh revealed the US military was defying the White House and the CIA by providing intelligence to Syria against ISIS. While Obama is expected to move against guns in the next few days (another “conspiracy theory” coming true) it is good to put this issue into perspective and to point out the obvious red line of the US public on this issue. The system is disintegrating at the seams and with the US military revolting against the executive branch a civil war can start at any moment.
When the founders finally declared independence, it came with a well-thought out list of the many times when the British occupiers went too far in abusing the rights of the colonists, and it formed the basis of the fight for freedom.
While not all of abuses listed in the Declaration of Independence still apply today, many do. Read them for yourself and see if it applies to the corruption in Washington today:
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
- He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
- He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
- He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
- He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
- He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
- For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
- For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
- For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
- For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
- For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
- For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
- For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
- He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
- He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
- He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
- He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
- He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
Will Americans still defend their rights today?
How many more abuses will the people take before they fight back? Will those in power back off if people refuse to cooperate any longer? Or will this country roll over and descend into full-blown tyranny like so many others before it?Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.