This is extraordinary and world-historical.
But they shouldn’t expect any satisfaction from the thoroughly compromised United Nations, a tool of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
“Iranian resistance issues list of demands urging UN to take action,” Al Arabiya, January 5, 2018:
The Iranian Resistance urged the UN Security Council to defend the legitimate and inalienable right of the Iranian people to overthrow the religious fascism ruling Iran and to attain the freedom for which they have been demonstrating, in a statement issued Friday.
The Resistance also requested that the Security Council to strongly condemn the mullahs’ regime and hold it accountable for killing defenseless and unarmed demonstrators.
The regime actions constitute a clear crime against humanity, and confronting them is the responsibility of the United Nations, the statement said.
According to reliable reports obtained by the Iranian Resistance, at least 50 protesters have been shot and killed by the Revolutionary Guards during the first eight days of the uprising, and more than 3,000 have been arrested. Children as young as 12 or 13 years old are among those killed.
The actual number of martyrs and detained is much more; a reality that the Iranian regime is trying hard to hide….
In welcoming today’s meeting on Iran’s uprising, the Iranian Resistance emphasizes the need for the following actions to be taken by the UN Security Council:
1. Recognizing the legitimate right of the people of Iran to overthrow the ruling religious fascism and establish their own freedom and sovereignty.
2. Strongly condemning and holding accountable the Iranian regime for the slaughter and mass arrests of defenseless and unarmed protesters.
3. Sanctioning the regime for systematic violations of human rights, including the 1988 massacre and the killings during the current uprising.
4. Condemning restrictions on the Internet and social networks, and ensuring the public’s free access to information.
5. Enforcing binding decisions for the release of thousands of arrested demonstrators and for the establishment of a monitoring system; and warning the Iranian regime that more serious actions will be taken should present trends continue.
Article posted with permission from Robert SpencerDon't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.