We keep seeing the cost of all products going up and some wonder why. The answer is very simple because of the cost of oil, coal, and natural gas continue to go up. Now that we have your attention lets us delve into this as bit and just look at some of the failed attempts by Obama and his Energy Secretary Stephen Chu. First, we just need to look at the failed solar companies to see just how much money has been spent on these ideas that have failed. It MUST be noted that had the same amount of money been used to extract the oil from the Green River formation, the price of fuel and other goods would be much less because that oil would now be flowing into pipelines and oil refineries. But we then must bring ourselves back to what Energy Secretary Stephen Chu stated back in 2008:
“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”
Mr. Chu, who couldn't be reached Thursday for comment, said in the September interview that the federal government should impose higher efficiency standards for buildings and electronics. He added that the biggest misconception about energy policy is that "if you went to an energy-efficient economy, you will kill the economy. That is just demonstrably not true."
Trending: ICE Busts Millionaire Obama Donors
Obama, through his Energy Secretary, has “forced” the high prices at the pump and in the other related bills that come such as but not limited to groceries, prescriptions, buildings, and the list could go on for all the commodities that go up in price when the cost of oil goes up. Chu is a fan of the “Global Warming” ideology, since it fits into his idea to stop the use of all carbon-based fuels, i.e., Oil, Coal, and Natural Gas! The worst part of this is that Obama himself has bought into this very backward and wrongly proven idea of “Global Warming”, which is an extremist view without pure scientific evidence at all to support any of the so-called claims made in reference to “Global Warming”; as one scientist, Professor Nils-Axel Morner from Stockholm, Sweden, called it, “The Greatest Lie Ever Told."
Lord Monckton of Brenchley wrote in regard to climate extremism in an article titled Reply to a Climate Extremist
“In August 2012, a climate extremist addressed to various skeptical climate researchers what he offensively called “an appeal to you to be reasonable”. Christopher Monckton of Brenchley replied, whereupon the extremist – unable or willing to produce a single scientific argument- said he did not wish to pursue the debate further. This paper is an extended version of the reply to the climate extremist.”
Now just what does all this have to do with the failed solar companies below? It is very clear that the Energy Secretary does not want any sort of fuel that has Carbon in it. He has made this clear since he began with his job as Energy Secretary and Obama being the “follower” he is, does not mind following Stephen Chu’s advice in this respect and this is why it relates to the failure of the Solar Power companies, it is due to the constant push by Obama and Chu to get away from the most abundant supply of fuels our nation has and continue to “force” upon the populace the ideas of Solar and Wind power, both of which costs do not compare to the much cheaper and more abundant oil, Coal, and natural gas!
Those Solar companies that have failed are listed below and should be considered the next time anyone says Obama has a great energy plan because in reality, Obama has failed in his lack of producing an energy plan that works and brings down the price of everything! The following list of examples of failed companies that Barack Obama poured our money into:
- The Amonix Solar: FAIL – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.
- Solar Trust of America: FAIL - Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 – On April 2, 2012
- Bright Source: FAIL - Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Can you say, “This isnt working?”
- Solyndra: FAIL - Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works!
- LSP Energy: FAIL - LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012
- Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
- Abound Solar: FAIL - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy
- SunPower: FAIL – SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling.
- Beacon Power: FAIL – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee
- Ecotality: FAIL - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama
- A123 Solar: FAIL-A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’s Department of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M
- UniSolar: FAIL - Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business
- Azure Dynamics: FAIL - Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June ter millions in Obama “Stimulus”
- Evergreen Solar: FAIL - Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy
- Ener1: FAIL received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012
In May 2012 Obama visited a dusty, desert town 30 miles outside Las Vegas Wednesday to declare he’s doubling down on failed federal efforts to boost the solar industry which has never proven to produce a single working product. Like Socialism, no evidence that it works, but they just keep doubling down on the failed ideals!
With these failures it is shown very clearly that Obama has failed in this aspect of his lack of “energy policy”, but he still lays out tax payer money to any company that declares it can make Solar Power work! In our next article due out next week, we will show the connection to George Soros through Obama’s “Environmental Czar” Carol Browner and her relationship to the crisis our nation now faces due to Obama’s Failed “Energy Policies”. For a brief show of what to expect, we have included just a sampling of what we can say about Ms. Browner below!!
Ms. Browner has been a critic of proposals to loosen restrictions on oil and natural gas drilling in the outer continental shelf, arguing that such moves would do little to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil and risk damaging U.S. coastlines. Her views on that issue put her sharply to the left of Mr. Obama's nominee for national-security adviser, retired Marine Corps Gen. James Jones, who supports expanded offshore drilling.
Ms. Browner's background and public comments also indicate she will push energy policy in ways that stir opposition from automakers, coal-fired utilities and other industries. She has called publicly for letting the EPA reconsider whether greenhouse gases "endanger" health or welfare -- the legal trigger for regulating them under the Clean Air Act -- and for completing rules that would attempt to measure the greenhouse-gas emissions of renewable fuels like corn ethanol. Major business groups are already trying to persuade the EPA not to regulate greenhouse-gas emissions under the Clean Air Act, warning it will lead to a cascade of costly mandates covering bakeries, breweries, schools and many other relatively small emitters.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.