In today’s good news, we are loaded with acts of heroism, providing a touching reminder to families of our fallen soldiers, soldier homecomings, pregnant women who win kayak races and save lives, and inspiring speeches. Enjoy!
- Emily Jackson is the 2012 World Cup Champion, 2009 Women’s World Freestyle Champion, and 2011 Silver Medalist. She has been part of the U.S. Canoe/Kayak Team for 10 years. She recently won the Payette River Games in Idaho while being 9 MONTHS PREGNANT! Congratulations Emily!
- Nonprofits help veterans who lost multiple limbs by buying them all-terrain wheelchairs.
- A 17 year old boy celebrated his high school graduation thanks to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Jenna Underwood-Nunez, who was 6 months pregnant when she dove into a lake fully clothed, swam 200 yards and pulled him from the lake bed (15 feet deep) to safety. She then performed four cycles of CPR before he regained consciousness. Way to go Jenna!
View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.
- Vermont puts Sportsmen’s Act of 2013 into effect, which allow Vermonters to carry a handgun for self-defense while bow hunting or dog training, provided that game is not being harvested with the handgun during archery season.
- Kaziah Hancock, an artist paints, free of charge, soldiers who have died in the service of their country for their immediate families. This has to be one of the most patriotic and compassionate things you’ll see. Visit Project Compassion, which is a fund that helps provide personal hand-painted portraits of soldiers killed in action, “so their faces will never be forgotten.” Take a look at some of her work: A Thank you for those who make the ultimate sacrifice.
- One homecoming of an American soldier is not enough. So here’s a montage of them. Grab a box of Kleenex and your family and rejoice with those who made it back home! Thank you soldiers for your service!
- Teenage Boy Scout reacts quickly after finding a man bleeding from a self-inflicted wrist laceration. Because of his efforts the 46 year old man’s live was saved.
- Rafael Cruz, the father of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, recounts immigrating to the US and blasts Obama’s socialist inclinations.
- Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) cries out against government tyranny saying, “When it expands – it does so at the expense of liberty.”
- 95-year-old Bernard Jacovitz wants to manufacture a slip-free screwdriver. He has just received his third patent as he’s always thinking of new ideas to help people.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
See Previous Good News articles by clicking here.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.