There is plenty of good news today to be encouraged by. Take heart my fellow Americans and put your hope in God!
- Christian-based business Hobby Lobby had a wonderful Independence Day message. Though it’s the day after, I still think this is good news. For a print version, click here.
- The Statue of Liberty opened on July 4th for the first time since Hurricane Sandy. Below is a little video of its history. Enjoy!
- A 16-year-old girl from Istanbul, Turkey spent two years perfecting a plastic created from banana peels, substituting fruit waste for the typical petroleum base. She also won $50,000 as a result of her ingenuity.
- America is still a producer. Take a look at 11 fun items that are still “Made In America.”
- Kyle served for three years overseas in the US Navy. He surprised his wife at her college graduation with flowers, a kiss and a hug. Thank you Kyle!
- The Obamacare employer mandate delay may just be a gift to those opposed to the sweeping measure. Let’s hope they take advantage of it.
- Americans across the nation took to the streets in protest of the NSA’s snooping on them in what they called “Restore the Fourth” (a reference to the Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution).
- ‘Superhero’ Husband Hogties Burglar, Leaves Him in the Yard for Police and Goes to Work as Planned. News9.com – Oklahoma City, OK – News, Weather, Video and Sports |
- Tea Party Groups are ramping up their fight against immigration bill, staging protests and more.
- US Adds 195,000 jobs in June.
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD.
See previous Good News articles by clicking here.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.