There are some great good news stories today. Check out a 45 year old reunion of a father and daughter where the father thought the daughter died at birth or read about a homeless man who has serious integrity or listen as a soldier who lost his leg in Afghanistan tell how he would do it all over again. Plus there's much more!
- Steve Stockman and others appeared near the Capitol building on Tuesday to unveil a 60 foot petition with 1,000 signatures from Special Forces demanding that the truth be exposed about Benghazi.
- South Carolina State Senator may challenge Lindsey Graham for his US Senate seat.
- Jessica Kruger, 15, engages in wheelchair athletics gains a new career in modeling. While she is referred to in the video as a quadriplegic, unless I'm missing something she does have full use of her upper body and arms, so I would think that would make her paraplegic. In either case, she has a remarkable attitude for a 15 year old young woman. Congratulations Jessica!
- Science Finally Proves Optimists Can Better Handle Stress.
- 14-year-old Varun Jain nailed the SAT with a perfect score of 2400 and he's just out of junior high.
- Hal Lasko, Partially Blind 97-Year-Old, Uses Microsoft Paint To Make Masterpieces.
- Charles Lutzow's wife, Stella, was pregnant almost half a century ago, the couple decided to separate. She later told him that the baby had died in birth. But in reality, she'd put their little girl up for adoption. Stella kept her secret until she passed away in 2003. He then got the surprise of a lifetime when, after 45 years, he reunited with his daughter -- who he believed was deceased.
- Magda Castillo of Queens, NY, had stored a bundle of cash -- $5,020, according to the New York Daily News -- in the door of an old refrigerator. It looked like a safe enough place until last Wednesday, when her husband took the fridge to a recycling center with the money still inside. Atlantic Recycling employee Mike Downer was able to locate the refrigerator and recover the cash. Bravo Mike!
9. Josh Hall, Soldier Who Lost Leg In Afghanistan: 'I Got To Bleed For My Country And I'd Do It All Over Again.’ Thank you Josh for your service and sacrifice! WJHL-TV: News: Weather, and Sports for Johnson City, TN
- Hassel Junior Barber lives on the streets of Kingston by choice. He sleeps in doorways and on stoops. And, police say, he's an honest man. Barber found a wallet plopped down on a sidewalk Sunday in the Hudson Valley city. Inside: $485. Money that Barber certainly could have used for food, shelter, clothes. Instead, the 50-year-old homeless man marched the wallet to the police station and turned it in. No reward needed. Well done Mr. Barber!
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn. The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah Come, behold the works of the LORD, Who has made desolations in the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
See more good news by clicking here.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.