There’s lots of good news today. A US Senator blasts Obama and the Congress over the Obamacare bailout for Congress members and their staff. Planned Parenthood finds themselves under investigation for misusing taxpayer money (which they should never receive in the first place). A community pitches in to help a blind culinary student who was robbed of his kitchen tools. A Russian man sticks it to a bank in his self-written contract for a credit card, plus much more!
- Mayor Brian Maher blows the whistle on Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, saying they deceived him about the organization and then attempted to bribe him to stay in once he found out their anti-gun agenda.
- Senator David Vitter Blasts Obama & Congress Over Obamacare Bailout of Congress & Staffers.
- Planned Parenthood is under investigation of misusing taxpayer funds. One could hope that the outcry over this by pro-lifers would result in them receiving no tax dollars in the future.
- How about this new infographic that debunks the biggest gun claims of our times and demonstrates that good news of gun ownership. I really like this.
- Seven-year-old Meghan Weingarth could go into anaphylactic shock if she eats anything containing peanuts or almonds. But a Goldendoodle called LilyBelle makes sure she stays safe — the dog sniffs out nuts in food and raises a paw as warning if anything contains nuts.
- Nathan Romo, a blind culinary student, had his kitchen tools stolen, but community members pitched in hundreds of dollars and a new iPad. Local business owner Thomas Fillmore organized a lunch for him at Fresno’s Elbow Room restaurant, where chef Roy Harland gifted him a $1,000 knife set.
- U.S. scientists have announced a significant breakthrough in the fight against malaria after a human trial of a new vaccine was 100 per cent effective against the disease for the first time in history. My missionary friend in the jungles of West Papua is going to love this!
- A Russian man who decided to write his own amendments into a credit card contract has been given a thumbs-up by a court who upheld his version after the bank sued. Ironically, after the man sent in the signed contract with numerous changes, like 0% interest, no fees and unlimited credit, the bank complained because they had certified the contract without reading the fine print. Tinkoff Credit Systems took Dmitry Agarkov to court, but a judge agreed with the the 42-year-old, deciding that the agreement he crafted was valid. More lawsuits have been filed and further hearings are set for September, according to Russia Today. Looks like the banks got taken. Well done Dmitry!
- An Army soldier returns home after months away and surprises his big sister. Welcome home Sir and thank you for your service.
- I’m not Roman Catholic, but I agree with Jay and Kateri Schandt on God opening and closing the womb and his blessing of children. They chose to put their family’s size “in God’s hands,” understanding that children are a blessing from the Lord. The Schandt’s recently welcomed their 12th son Tucker into the family, weighing in at 7 pounds, 12 ounces. Their children range in age from a few days to 21. Congratulations Schandts!
O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again. Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh. Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment. Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah. That thy beloved may be delivered; save with thy right hand, and hear me. God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver; Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia, triumph thou because of me. Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom? Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and thou, O God, which didst not go out with our armies? Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.
–Psalm 60Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.