Lots of good news for your weekend on tap today. A Pennsylvania representative calls for impeachment of officials who won’t uphold marriage laws, a veterans group files a lawsuit to fly their Gadsden flag, Ben Swann kicks off his Truth in Media project and Rush celebrates his 25th anniversary in broadcasting, plus much more!
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane has followed the lead of Barack Obama and Jerry Brown by refusing to uphold the state’s law protecting marriage between one man and one woman. At least one legislator thinks it is time she paid for violating her oath of office. State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, R-Butler, has said Kane’s actions merit impeachment, because they spread “lawlessness.” He’s calling for impeachment of Kane and all officials who issue homosexual “marriage” licensees and refuse to defend marriage laws. Way to go Mr. Metcalfe!
- OK, so maybe this is not necessarily a “good news” video, but it will entertain you. What Andrews Henderson does with a soccer ball is pretty amazing! Enjoy!
- A veterans group has filed a free speech lawsuit against officials who banned a “Don’t Tread on Me” flag from a city-owned armory because they viewed the flag as a Tea Party symbol.
- Here arrow balloon-YouTubeSouth Korean petroleum company, S-Oil wanted to show that it valued resource conservation in the nation’s capital, Seoul, where gasoline consumption is the highest in the world. With more cars on the roads, parking spaces were more and more scarce, and Seoul drivers wasted expensive fuel wandering around looking for parking spaces. The Idea: What if we could let drivers know when a parking space was opening up? S-Oil engineers designed a system whereby helium balloons could rise and fall whenever a car pulls in and out of a space. Bright yellow balloons rise whenever a car pulls out of the space, and falls again when a car arrives. Drivers can spot the arrow-shaped balloons and fill empty spaces faster. Faster parking saves time and oil, which makes happier drivers. The campaign certainly helped drivers to save oil. In just one day, 700 cars saved 23 liters of petrol. — a liter of gas saved per month per driver. Over a whole year, they saved much more.
- When New York City photographer Brandon Stanton, who’s creating an ambitious photographic census of New York City, called Humans of New York (HONY), met 6-year-old Rumi and his mother, he decided to take their picture and put it up on his website. In the process, he made Rumi’s cowboy dreams come true. On Tuesday, he found Rumi and his mother in Washington Square Park selling cowboy supplies. “We’re saving up to buy a horse,” they told him. But after a full afternoon of selling cowboy hats and trinkets, Rumi only earned $1. So Stanton set up a plan to send the 6-year-old on a ‘Wild West Adventure.’ “With the size of the HONY audience, it’d be quite a simple thing to do,” Stanton wrote on the HONY Facebook page on Wednesday. He set the fundraising goal to $7000, threw in $300 to get started, and began an online donation page. Then the goal was met. In fifteen minutes. But the good news didn’t stop there. On Friday afternoon, Stanton posted to Facebook that after processing fees and expenses for Rumi’s trip, more than $20,000 is left to donate to the New York Therapeutic Riding Center. The organization helps provide horse rides to children with disabilities. Pretty generous of Stanton and his audience. Well done!
- Michelle Knight, one of the kidnapped victims who was rescued earlier this year after being chained and abused for years along with two other women, wrote a touching note to the Cleveland Police’ Second District thanking them. Michelle’s letter, along with other letters to police from various people can be seen here.
- Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) have developed a solar film that can be used on glass devices such as building windows and smartphone screens to harvest energy from the sun. The device is made of two thin polymer solar cells that collect rays from the sun and turn it into energy. We anticipate this device will offer new directions for solar cells, including the creation of solar windows on homes and office buildings,” said head researcher Yang Yang.
- Ben Swann has recently had a launch event for his Truth in Media project. Listen to the interviews.
- Senators, Lee, Cruz and Paul inspire young libertarians at National YAL Conference.
- Rush Limbaugh celebrated his 25th anniversary on the air on Thursday.
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise; Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me. My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest. Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city. Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it. Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets. For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them. As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God. He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.