There’s lots of good news this Thursday. 100 Mexican women arm themselves to defend their communities, 79 members of the House of Representatives inform Republican leadership that they will be standing to defund Obamacare, an Army Major puts in 50 years of service and retires at 72, plus much more!
- Over 100 Mexican Women To Take Up Arms to Defend Community from Organized Crime.
- Partnering with 40 hotels and dozens of businesses, Judson Kinnucan, 37, has made it his mission to collect their donated items, like surplus shampoos and toilet paper, and get them to charities in need. Every month, Kinnucan delivers about 200 pounds of donated shampoo, conditioner and lotion and about 1,000 rolls of toilet paper to homeless shelters Chicago. In three years, that’s more than $20,000 worth of products just to this one charity — for free. More than 200 charities across Chicago have similarly benefited from Kinnucan’s unique brand as a middleman. His “Bin Donated” service provides society with the added benefit of rescuing items before they’re sent to the landfill. Well done Judson!
- Executives at a Minneapolis advertising agency founded 7 years ago, decided to give each of their 18 employees a free summer. Each was given paid leave and full benefits for 12 weeks to do something meaningful. The opportunity was even offered to the company’s loyal freelancers. They were hired for 100 hours and then given back that time to pursue their passion. Employees spent the summer making music, putting paint to canvas, creating a cookbook and playing with their kids. One BDM employee even invented a hands-free dog leash he hopes to market. The 500 hours wrapped up the first week of August and commerce resumed. Executives hope the company will be improved from the experience.
- When an armed gunman entered an elementary school in Decatur, Georgia earlier this week, the school’s bookkeeper, Antoinette Tuff, was able to talk him into putting down his weapon and giving himself up to the police, AP reports. Miraculously, no one was injured and Tuff is being hailed as a hero for possibly saving the lives of more than 800 students at Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy. The suspect, later identified as 20-year-old Michael Brandon Hill, walked into the elementary school’s office with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, DeKalb County officials told the press Wednesday. Great job Antoinette!
- When a flight cancellation threatened to keep a woman, Jaleena, with two children from getting to her father’s funeral, she reached out to strangers for help. Three kind souls, Zach Rotter, a girl named Leanne and another unnamed volunteer agreed, and together they drove through the night, 9.5 hours, so that the family could reach the funeral in time.
- After more than 50 years of service, Major Bill Ray has decided to finally hang up his Army uniform. Ray, 71, was greeted by his excited wife and grandchildren who were bearing colorful signs on Tuesday in Milwaukee as he walked off the plane from Afghanistan one last time, FOX6 reports. The committed veteran first joined the Army in 1959, spent time working in intelligence, served in Kuwait, completed three tours in Iraq and headed to Afghanistan at the Army’s request last year. Now, the father of six and grandfather to eight is preparing for a new mission, spending quality time with his family and gearing up to celebrate his 72nd birthday next week. Thank you for your years of service!
- Many people raise money for good causes, but cousins Rose Powell and Flame Brewer have taken that idea to a new level. The 9-year-olds, reached for the skies and flew into the record books, becoming the youngest ever formation wing-walkers.
- John comes home from the Navy and surprises his mom on her birthday. The reaction is priceless! Thank you John for your service and welcome home.
- The Army rightly turns down Bradley Manning’s request to have gender reassignment. Clearly the BOY has issues.
- 79 members of Congress have signed a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., asking to “defund the implementation and enforcement of ObamaCare in any relevant appropriations bill brought to the House floor in the 113th Congress.”
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day. Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth. For mine enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together, Saying, God hath forsaken him: persecute and take him; for there is none to deliver him. O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help. Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt. But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee! Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth. Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side. I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed. My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.