There are many good news stories to start your week off right. Congressman Darrell Issa lists and tweets all the reasons he could think of not to stop Obamacare, comedian Craig Ferguson gives some pretty profound thoughts on youth, A Marine is exonerated and honor restored, plus much more!
- This is a nice idea. Spray an invisible film on glass, and it cuts your cooling bill permanently. It's real. It's coming. The only drawback is it is being federally funded.
- Craig Ferguson is a hilarious late-night comedian. However, I didn't realize how deep he really was — about basically everything. Take three minutes and watch this old clip from his show. You won't regret it.
- In remote areas of the world, sometimes getting the injured to a medical facility is difficult, if not dangerous. Now, there's a new invention: The Zambulance. Watch and see how it's saving 1 life every 9 days!
- Congressman Darrell Issa hits a homerun after writing down all the reasons he could think of to not stop Obamacare.
- Dennis Komsa was 12 years old in 1963 when, while vacationing with family along the Jersey Shore, he wrote a note, put it in a glass jar and tossed it into the Atlantic Ocean. It wasn't until after Superstorm Sandy hit the East Coast last October, that the Ball mason jar was found when Norman Stanton combed through storm debris in Seaside Heights, N.J.
- Retired INS special agent Michael W. Cutter calls comprehensive immigration reform what it is: The Terrorist Assistance and Facilitation Act.
- Capt. Joshua Waddell was exonerated by the Marine Corps this week, ending a two-year fight to restore his honor after a career-crushing demotion in 2011, when he ordered snipers in Afghanistan to disable a tractor being used to help a wounded enemy bomb maker escape. Congratulations Capt. Waddell and thank you for your service!
- Markus Burden, an incoming freshman at Ball State University in Indiana, isn't even on the university's basketball team. Still, the college just gave him an $11,000 scholarship ($11,084 to be exact) because of his ability to shoot a basketball. That's because during the school's annual Welcome Week, Burden sank the infamous half-court shot. So how rare was the shot? In the entire history of the contest he's the only one to sink it and get the prize, reports WXIA-TV. Congratulations Markus!
- A decade after being attacked by a 14-foot tiger shark while surfing and losing her arm, professional 'soul surfer' Bethany Hamilton is showing just how much she has conquered the incident, getting married over the weekend in the same area where she had been attacked. Congratulations to Bethany and her new husband Adam Dirks. .
Today was the most beautiful, wonderful best day of my life! God is more than good(: Excited to live life with my husband Adam Dirks!
- U.S. Army 1st Lt. Ryan Timoney was treated to a hero's welcome home. Timoney, who was injured in 2012 in a suicide bombing in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan, has been back home before during his recovery. But his surprise reception on Friday was special. He rode to his parents' house in a specially provided BMW with his wife Kelby, escorted from the Jacksonville International Airport by the Florida Highway Patrol, had dozens of military veterans on motorcycles to greet him and children waving flags along the route. Welcome home Lt. Timoney and thank you for your sacrifice and service!
Want more good news? Click here.
Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land. O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah: The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel. Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary. Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor. The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil. Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold. When the Almighty scattered kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon. The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan. Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever. The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death. But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses. The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same. They have seen thy goings, O God; even the goings of my God, my King, in the sanctuary. The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; among them were the damsels playing with timbrels. Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel. There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their council, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali. Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us. Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee. Rebuke the company of spearmen, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the people, till every one submit himself with pieces of silver: scatter thou the people that delight in war. Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God. Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah: To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice. Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds. O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.
--Psalm 68Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.