There’s lots of good news to start your weekend off right. John Barros has preached the gospel and saved over 1,000 babies from abortion in the past 3 years, Christian-based gun accessory manufacturer wins reprieve from the Obamacare HHS mandate, a one-armed basketball player gets a an offer to attend the University of Florida, plus much more!
- Wal-Mart employee Paul Williams’ shift had ended. Time to head to the bus stop and make his way home. He found a wallet in a shopping cart in the parking lot and discovered it had $4,000 in cash and a $1,000 check, but no ID. He took it home since he was in a hurry and both he and his wife wanted to do the right thing and turn it in. Lynn Andries was the owner of the wallet looking to pay of a second mortgage with the money and was happy to have it returned. Well done Paul!
- Journalist and news anchor Laurie Dhue talks about overcoming being a drunkard and a new baby that helped influence her decision to get help. .
- Trijicon, Inc., a Christian family-owned firm that manufactures high-quality optical gun sights for the military and law enforcement wins reprieve from HHS mandate.
- According to his doctors John Barros shouldn’t be alive. Between cancer that required four surgeries, two brain aneurisms that required two more surgeries, and an accident when someone ran into his back with a vehicle, leading to yet more surgeries, it’s a marvel that Barros is standing, let alone maintaining the grueling schedule that he does. Nine hours a day, six days a week, Barros holds vigil outside one of the country’s most notorious late-term abortion mills – the Orlando Women’s Clinic – where he preaches the Gospel and reaches out to abortion-bound women. But for him, it’s beyond worth it. After all, in the past three years of sidewalk counseling, Barros has helped over 1,000 women change their minds, and keep their babies. But, for all of the hours that he has spent in prayer and outreach outside the clinic, Barros insists that he deserves none of the credit. Praise God for your efforts Mr. Barros!
- 911 dispatcher, identified as Candice, helps a young bride, identified as 23 year old Amanda, to be after her wedding dress is stolen from her car hours before she planned to get married. Now that’s public service!
- Zach Hodskins, One-Handed High School Basketball Star, Gets Offer From University Of Florida. Congratulations Zach!
- Filmmaker Casey Neistat recognizes that things aren’t always going to go right. Bad things happen to good people, regardless of how hard you try. But instead of letting this eventuality get him down, Neistat sees it as an opportunity to highlight beauty in the world with a call for people to “Do The Right Thing.” His plan? Let bad things happen on purpose to see the good in people really shine. Go ahead and get your altruism on by watching the video above. And if you’d like to get some stickers of your own, you can mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no emails allowed) to: Casey Neistat (stickers) 368 Broadway #201 NYC 10013 USA.
- A group of big-hearted Air Force captains aren’t just serving others through military service; they are reaching new heights in helping others with a very important humanitarian initiative. Capts. Josh Carroll, Joseph Stenger III, Jonathan Hudgins, and Ryan Bodenheimer have started a nonprofit, Flying Scarfs, to help disadvantaged Afghan widows sell their hand-made pashminas internationally, ABC reports. Well done gentlemen!
- 11 year old Inbar Chomsky was leaving Israel for New York to attend Camp Simcha, a summer camp program for pediatric cancer patients, but she lost her passport. She was told she would have to exit the plane and the plane took off with her in tears, but shortly before takeoff, as the airplane approached the runway, her passport was discovered and the plane turned around to pick her up and take her to her destination. Representatives found it amazing, since planes rarely turn around and pick someone up after heading towards the runway.
- One 12-year-old boy found out the literal meaning of “diamond in the rough” when he stumbled upon such a valuable gem while vacationing. North Carolina tourist Michael Dettlaff was exploring Arkansas’ Crater of Diamonds State Park with his family on July 31 when he spied the 5.16-carat “honey brown diamond,” according to CNN.
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee. All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah. Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men. He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him. He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah. O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved. For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place. I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble. I will offer unto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah. Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.