Today there is lots of good news. Be encouraged! There’s lots of bravery, victories and some pretty heartfelt acts of kindness in this list today.
First, let’s thank God for the long history we’ve had in this country, the brave men who have fought to maintain a free state and though we are fighting against tyranny, we should be grateful that He has still given us both the will and tools to engage in that battle. Happy Independence Day everyone.
- Forbes reported back in May that as gun sales soar, gun crimes plummet.
- Justice Antonin Scalia who for the past forty-seven years has served as a weekend scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America, angrily resigned from that position in protest due to the Boy Scouts decision regarding homosexuals. He then burned his scoutmaster uniform in a fireplace inside his Supreme Court office. Nice to see someone in an influential position protest such approval of degeneracy.
- In a dispute with state school officials, the Nebraska Supreme Court has ruled that a homeschooling family is free to set its own school calender, as long as it meets the requirement for class hours.
- Ten Year Old boy confronts burglar, manages to get his gun away from his attacker and begins firing back, defending his home.
- Judge orders traffic cameras to be removed in Ohio. Judge Robert Ruehlman found the cameras UnConstitutional and barred the town from operating the cameras and collecting any more fees from motorists. On top of that the Ohio House passed a bill to ban red-light and speed cameras.
- Hero Cop Saves 2-Year-Old Girl From Deranged Knife-Wielding Man With One Very Accurate Shot.
- Marine Gy. Sgt. Donnie Herbert surprises his little girls after returning serving several months in Afghanistan. Yes, what a joy to have Dad back home!
- Twenty-nine year old Seth Collins set out to give $500 tips to waiters and waitresses in all 50 states. So far, he’s given out 54 tips. He hopes to reach 100. Collins made the goal to honor his late brother, Aaron Collins, who in his will instructed the family to leave “an awesome tip.”
- With the amnesty bill still looming over us, it’s nice to see that today, Independence Day, there are four tales of those who have come here as legal immigrants and are being naturalized today at Thomas Jefferson’s home in Monticello. There is nothing wrong with immigration, as long as it is done lawfully.
- Watch people change their mind about abortion in seconds.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.