Time was short for good news stories, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. Take a look at this list of good news as we head into the weekend!
- Outhouse Labeled “Obama’s Presidential Library” Sparks Controversy. I love a good sense of humor.
- Senator Rand Paul takes on State Secretary John Kerry and schools him on the Constitution and then demands that he obey it.
- This patriot has had it with the Obama administration and foreign wars and he’s calling on the American people to say enough on 9/11 in a new American Revolution.
- Maine got a sweet surprise last week. They all received a phone call from the Auburn Kmart’s layaway department informing that an anonymous stranger had just paid off their bill. “Everybody wants to go back to school with new clothes,” said Store Manager Joyce Beane. “Now 16 more families can do that.” The families had all fallen behind on their payments. Enter the Back to School Angel. “She was here about 15 minutes. She paid off 16 the layaways in cash, about $3,000. Then she said I’m not feeling well I need to leave,” recalled Beane. The woman told the staff she was terminally ill and just wanted to do something nice for others before she died.
- Last Wednesday, local KTVK journalist Steve Ryan went from a man reporting the news to a man making it. He had been covering the flooding in Phoenix, Ariz., when he heard screams coming from a car trapped in the middle of the road. Ryan immediately sprang into action. Ryan carried the woman through knee-deep water to safety. He said that his crew’s camera cables were used as an extra safety precaution, keeping him connected to the shore in case the water started moving to quickly.
- Koni Dole lost part of his leg less than a year ago, but that hasn’t stopped him from doing what he loves — namely, scoring touchdowns. After a gruesome football injury in 2012, Dole, then a junior at the Huntley Project High School in Worden, Mont., had the lower half of his right leg amputated. Months later, KRTV reports, Dole was somehow back playing sports, first wrestling then running track. Now, just 10 months after losing his leg, the seemingly unstoppable high schooler is back on the football field. In his return game Friday night, Dole scored two touchdowns, helping lead the team to a decisive 45-0 victory.
- This happened a few weeks ago at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Capt. Ryan Durso returned home to surprise his kids after a year long deployment. Where dreams come true. Really. Welcome home and thank you for your service Capt. Durso!
- Hardly anyone doesn’t know someone who has tried to lose weight. In fact, it’s likely you yourself have tried at one point to shed a few pounds. If so, let 26-year-old Amanda inspire you. Amanda, who has withheld her last name to the media, was 222 lbs. two years ago. That’s when she went on a combination Keto/Paleo diet — and lost 88 lbs. doing it. She actually lost the weight last year and posted pictures about it, but a recent animated time lapse (gif) lasting about five seconds and showing her transformation has now sent the story viral.
Want more good news? Click here.
Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob. Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery. Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day. For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob. This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not. I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from the pots. Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah. Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god. I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries. The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him: but their time should have endured for ever. He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.
–Psalm 81Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.