There’s good news on tap for your Tuesday. Wisconsin looks to train and arm their teachers, a veteran and Missouri store clerk takes on a robber and shows he’s still got it, a couple gets a double surprise after adopting triplets, plus much more.
- Wisconsin Looks to Train & Arm Teachers for New School Year.
- Bad idea: holding up a store clerk who happens to be proficient in firearms. Missouri store clerk and veteran Jon Alexander thwarts armed robbery with gun of his own. Worse idea: holding up a store clerk who is not only proficient in firearms, but who also happens to be an Iraq war veteran and a former prison guard and private investigator. Jon Lewis Alexander, 54, is no ordinary store clerk. He has worked several “high risk” jobs and served four tours of duty in Iraq during his 30 years in the U.S. military.
- A family in Rowan County got an unexpected, and inspiring, note when they were out to dinner on Friday. A photo of the note is going viral. Ashley England tells WBTV that she went to dinner with her family on Friday evening, including her 8-year-old son, Riley. The family was sitting at a table at the Stag n Doe, in China Grove when Riley, who has special needs, began to get “a little rowdy.” “The past few weeks have been very hard and trying for us – especially with public outings,” England told WBTV. “Riley was getting loud and hitting the table and I know it was aggravating to some people.” That’s when she says a waitress walked over to the table with tears in her eye and a note. “I’ll try to do this without crying,” the waitress told the family. “But another customer has paid for your bill tonight and wanted me to give you this note.” The note read: “God only gives special children to special people.”
- Germany put a 92-year-old former member of the Nazi Waffen SS, Siert Bruins, on trial Monday on charges that he killed a Dutch resistance fighter in 1944.
- Near Yosemite National Park the stubborn Rim Fire, one of the largest wildfires in California’s history, is 70% contained, the U.S. Forest Service said Monday night. With rain and cooler temperatures in the forecast, firefighters who have toiled tirelessly for days will likely make further gains in the coming days. The Rim Fire, started August 17, destroyed 11 homes and 100 other buildings, along with foliage on 235,000 acres.
- A roadway accident in Dearborn, Mich., left two men injured Saturday. But without quick thinking and an apparent selfless act by one of the men, an ice cream truck driver, it might have ended much worse. According to the Detroit News, the 47-year-old ice cream vendor left his truck to hand out treats and was hit by a motorcyclist. In the process of getting hurt, he may have helped protect the children he was serving treats from harm. According to WDIV-TV, he ran into the street and tried to get the motorcyclist’s attention. Children told reporters he pushed one of them out of the way.
- US Marine returns home and surprises mom. Yes, mom is very happy to see him! Welcome home Sir and thank you for your service!
- Four Georgia college students were lucky to have made it out of a river without become an alligator’s lunch. The students from Mercer University were floating in an inflatable raft on the Ocmulgee River swamp on Monday night when they became lost, reports The Telegraph of Macon. The 255-mile long river is home to alligators and wild hogs. The students, two men and two women, drifted four or five miles down the river before calling for help at about 9pm Monday night.Rescuers searched for the group for more than two hours before finding them with help from the GPS on their one working phone, which was down to 8 percent battery by the time they were found.
- An adorable and surprising story is making its way through Facebook pages today. It’s the story of a Tulsa, Oklahoma couple – Andy and Sarah Justice, who had a longing in their heart to have children but struggled to conceive. After three and a half years, Andy and Sarah decided to go to a specialist, but the treatment was too expensive. Instead they went in a different direction and contacted an adoption agency connected to a faith-based Crisis Pregnancy Center. In the adoption process, the birth mother got to choose the family she wanted her child to go to. Andy and Sarah were happy when they got a call from a mom letting them know she had selected them. Sarah began bonding with the mom by taking her to her doctor appointments. At an ultrasound appointment they all received an amazing surprise. The doctor told them the birth mom was carrying triplets. Andy told Oklahoma’s News on 6 that his response was, “Well, that’s great, you said you wanted kids.” On May 18, Joel, Hannah, and Elizabeth were welcomed into the Justice family. That in itself makes for a great happy ending. Yet the Justice family had more in store for them. Just one week after the triplets were born, Sarah found out she was pregnant with twins! Sarah and Andy are now expecting a girl and boy this coming January.
- Amazing: New Study Shows Babies Can Remember Words from the Womb.
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps. The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth. Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them. We are become a reproach to our neighbours, a scorn and derision to them that are round about us. How long, LORD? wilt thou be angry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire? Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name. For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his dwelling place. O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name’s sake. Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants which is shed. Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die; And render unto our neighbours sevenfold into their bosom their reproach, wherewith they have reproached thee, O Lord. So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.