There’s lots of good news this Thursday! Missouri seeks to uphold the Tenth Amendment and nullify all federal gun laws, 116 Congressman call Barack Obama out and request he get Congressional authorization to launch a strike in Syria, Britain’s Parliament votes down military action in Syria, plus much more!
- Missouri Aims to Override Governor’s Veto & Nullify Federal Gun Laws.
- 116 Congressmen write to Obama and tell him to consult & get authorization from Congress to use US military in Syria.
- The UK Parliament votes down military action in Syria.
- A Texas teen is being praised by neighbors for protecting his grandmother’s home from a burglary attempt early Wednesday morning after he shot and killed one of two suspects. The break-in occurred in Baytown just after 5:30 a.m. when the 18-year-old told police he heard someone coming into the home. He called 911, grabbed a shotgun and found the two men in the living room, according to KHOU-TV. When the two suspects did not put their hands up as the teen ordered, he shot at both. KHOU reported that one of the suspects, later identified as 40-year-old Charles Allen Dixon, died on site, while the other was wounded and ran away.
- Ted Cruz calls Obamacare and Syria the arrogance of an out of control President. .
- This family reunion may send you running to get a famous Coney Island hot dog — and a box of tissues, while you’re at it. Army Sgt. Shawn Jamieson, 26, surprised his wife and daughters by showing up to a Brooklyn Cyclones baseball game on Tuesday — wearing a hot dog costume. Jamieson had just wrapped up his second tour of duty in Afghanistan and hadn’t seen his family in two months, the NY Daily News reported. Welcome home Shawn and thanks for your many years of service!1. .
- A young Alabama girl put herself in harm’s way in order to protect the little brother she adores. As Mackenzie Lebron, 8, her 4-year-old brother and their grandmother were heading out of the house, a vicious dog appeared and started attacking the little boy, WAFF reported. Mackenzie immediately raced into action and rested her sibling on a nearby car so he wouldn’t get hurt, but then the dog went after the heroic girl.WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
- Karla Begley, the mother whose son with autism was the subject of a shockingly disturbing hate letter is taking a stand against intolerance and hate. The missive — which suggested her 13-year-old son, Max, should be euthanized — shook Begley’s community and went viral last week. However, note in this report how the community comes to Begley’s aid and supports her and her son! Good job!
- Remembering what Martin Luther King Jr. was really all about. Note it is nothing like the race baiters today!
- These days, there is no better way to start a marriage off on the right foot than with a unique proposal. One man named Paul decided to take that saying literally when he brought his girlfriend Hazel to Kicks, a shoe store in Los Angeles, to pop the question. This video of the happy occasion shows Hazel bursting into tears of joy when she reads the words stitched onto the back of her custom pair of sneakers, which say: ‘Hazelchu, marry me?’
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel. In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion. There brake he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah. Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey. The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands. At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep. Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry? Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still, When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah. Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain. Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared. He shall cut off the spirit of princes: he is terrible to the kings of the earth.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.