There is lots of good news for your hump day. Pro-life groups take on California lawmakers over a new bill that allows non-physicians perform murders in the womb, MLK reminds us of just how important God is in our society and in our lives, a Boston Bombing victim returns to her student after losing part of her leg, plus much more!
- Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan gets the death sentence from a military court.
- Remembering what Martin Luther King, Jr. actually stood for, Terence P. Jeffrey has this piece: “MLK: ‘A Just Law is a Man-Made Code That Squares With the…Law of God.” Amen!
- Mr. Jeffrey also put this piece together on MLK, “Whatever we do, we must keep God in the forefront.”
- Evangelist Ray Comfort receives a rant from self-proclaimed atheist (who actually redefines atheism) that calls on him to release unedited footage from his video and then he makes a point that he has attempted to get Darwinist Richard Dawkins to debate him, but Dawkins has failed to step up. “I would say come out of hiding. Be open with your flock. They are in disarray. Atheists are furious, they’re angry,” he said. “All they need to do to silence me is give evidence of Darwinian evolution. Step up to the plate, be a man, give evidence for Darwinian evolution publicly…but you won’t because you can’t, because there isn’t any.” Though I am not an evidentiary apologist, but a presuppostional apologetics kind of guy, I still think there is some value in what Comfort puts out in this video. Enjoy.
- Pro-life groups are going after California lawmakers after they passed a bill allowing non-physicians to perform abortions.
- Managers of a New Jersey shop had to search for four teens who were captured on surveillance cameras entering the store even though it was closed at the time. A malfunctioning lock left the door open to anyone who wanted to walk in. These guys nabbed a few items but they also left the money – plus tax – on the counter. After seeing the surveillance video, the managers wanted to find the teens to offer a reward for their honesty.
- Erika Brannock, Boston Bombing Victim Who Lost Part Of Her Leg, Reunites With Her Preschool Students.WHDH-TV 7News Boston
- When a federal judge declared that his sentencing instincts “sucked,” one person disagreed — and it was the man he’d sent to prison for 10 years. U.S. District Court Judge Richard Kopf had sentenced 23-year-old Shon Hopwood to 147 months in prison for pleading guilty to five counts of bank robbery in the late 1990s. The judge thought the young man was unlikely to amount to much. But when Hopwood got out, he turned his life around. He went on to attend law school at the University of Washington. And this year, he was hired as a 2014 law clerk for Judge Janice Rogers Brown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, according to The Blog of Legal Times. Upon hearing the news, Kopf wrote a heartfelt post on his personal blog. You’ll want to read the comments section because Mr. Hopwood responded with some amazing comments!
- Armand Young is more than halfway to his goal of collecting 1 million acts of kindness across the country –- on foot. The ambitious do-gooder gave away pretty much everything he owned when he left California in 2007 to walk all the way to New York –- and back –- to honor fallen soldiers and the victims of September 11 in an unusually inspiring way, WTAE reports. Young carries the bare necessities on his back and a 6-foot pole adorned with American flags and more than 500,000 signatures. Each person who jots down his or her name commits to performing an act of kindness within a day in honor of a 9/11 victim or a killed serviceman or servicewoman. “My plan when I started was to change the world any way I could,” the 49-year-old told TribLIVE on Wednesday while making his way through Pennsylvania. “I want to see a million acts of kindness behind my walk.”
- US Airman “John” left back in May 2013 and was stationed overseas and flew refuel missions over Afghanistan every day. He got home August 6th and surprised his little princess Juliana at school. Not a dry eye in the place. Welcome Home John and thank you for your service!
Want more good news? Click here.
Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly. The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them. But I will declare forever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.