We’ve got lots of good news to start your weekend off right today. Twnety-four Planned Parenthood offices closed this year, 5 inspirational mothers chose life for their children with Down Syndrome while 90% of mothers murder their children with the disease, Jihadist Nidal Hasan has been convicted of pre-meditated murder and is scheduled to be sentenced, a group of surfers are helping autistic kids and you won’t believe the results, plus much more!
- Ft Hood jihadist Major Nidal Hasan was convicted of premeditated murder in the 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and nearly 3 dozen wounded.
- Some people are terrified of being forced to sing in front of crowds, and understandably so. But Bengals rookie Terrence Stephens rose to the occasion recently after being pressured into singing in front of the team, and it was all captured on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” football documentary. Opting to sing Luther Vandross’ “Superstar,” Stephens clearly shocked a number of players who weren’t expecting such a heartfelt performance.
- Ohio Dad, Anthony Yahle, comes ‘back from the dead’ after son, Lawrence Yahle says ‘You’re not going to die today.”
- A boy who lost his mother to cancer has had a life-size statue built in his image out of Lego, after the toymaker hailed him as a hero for his charity work. Jack Covill-Lowndes was honored for raising thousands of pounds for the hospice that cared for mother Steph. The ten-year-old from Wainfleet, Lincolnshire gets to take home the statue – made of 35,000 bricks. Well done Jack!
- A smartphone app is now diagnosing cataracts and other eye-related problems for people in developing countries. The Portable Eye Examination Kit (Peek) includes an app-based diagnosis tool and clip-on hardware to examine cataracts and retina problems. Peek Vision can be used to examine the retina at the back of the eye and the images can be transmitted to experts anywhere in the world.
- California resident Daniel Cope suffers from cerebral palsy, but that never stopped him from dreaming of hiking with his family. With the help of some friends from the Liberal Arts and Science Academy (LASA) Robotics team in Austin, Texas, Cope’s dream became a reality. Team members participating in LASA’s Non-Competition Engineering Projects initiative took on the challenge of building him a wheelchair that could roam over different types of terrain. Local businesses donated materials and services to help with costs and quality, and FedEx played a special role by transporting the chair free of charge!
- Senior Master Sergeant Robert Sanfilippo, 46, of Fort Myers, just came back from five months in Afghanistan to surprise his wife Melanie, 51, Saturday in Naples, FL. Robert has been in the Air Force for 26 years. I love it when our military people make it home. Welcome home Sergeant and thank you for your service!
- South Carolina surfers treat autistic children to a day on the beach and teach them how to catch a wave.
- Scandal-plagued Planned Parenthood sees 24 offices close this year.
- 5 Inspirational Mothers Who Chose Life for Children With Down Syndrome, while 90% of babies diagnosed with Down Syndrome are murdered in the womb. These ladies are: Mayumi Mitogawa, Japan; Catherine Moore, Great Britain; Cassy Fiano, North Carolina; Connie Feda, Pennsylvania; Dr. Lalita Joshi, Nepal. Well done ladies. May the Lord bless you for loving your children that He gave to you.
Want more good news? Click here.
Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son. He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment. The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness. He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor. They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations. He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust. The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him. For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight. And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised. There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth. His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen. The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.
–Psalm 72Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.