We left off our last article about Obama's Puppet Master, George Soros showing how he may well be connected to what many had once believed to be just a fictional idea of what is called the "Shadow Party." Just the name of such an idea alone gives just cause for concern since it implies that our nation has a party running this nation behind the shadows! However, it is not such a "Shadow Party," since many people associated with it have direct, or indirect, links back to none other than George Soros. Let us begin by showing just where the very idea of a "Shadow Party" has developed.
We begin this by disclosing what is known as the 527s, named after section 527 of the IRS Code. As shown below from Discover the Networks, the 527s, under George Soros, have taken a very hard left turn!
Historically, Republicans had enjoyed a 2-1 advantage over Democrats in raising hard money from individual donors. Democrats had relied much more heavily on soft money from large institutions such as labor unions.(David Horowitz and Richard Poe, The Shadow Party (2006), p. 176) Thus it seems counter-intuitive that Soros, who clearly favored Democrats over Republicans, would seek to push legislation whose net effect—the removal of soft money—would be unfavorable to Democratic Party fundraising efforts.
But Soros's motive becomes clear when we look at the types of organizations whose fundraising activities were left unaffected by McCain-Feingold. These were "527 committees"—nonprofits named after Section 527 of the IRS code—which, unlike ordinary PACS, were not required to register with the FEC. Run mostly by special-interest groups, these 527s were technically supposed to be independent of, and unaffiliated with, any party or candidate. As such, they were permitted to raise soft money—in amounts unbound by any legal limits—for all manner of political activities other than express advocacy. That is, so long as a 527's soft money was not being used to pay for ads explicitly urging people to cast their ballots either for or against any particular candidate, the letter of the McCain-Feingold law technically was being followed. Practically speaking, of course, such things as "issue-oriented ads" and "voter-education" ads can easily be tailored to favor one party or candidate over another, while carefully steering clear of "express advocacy."
We can see just where the idea to "control" certain ideologies came into view of George Soros, and since he has a vast amount of money, he can "change" the way the United States has been able to run elections just by throwing some of it at the right people. The 527s group was now being transformed by George Soros and his money into what we can now officially call, the Shadow Party.
Once McCain-Feingold was in place, Soros and his political allies collaborated to set up a network of "527 committees" ready to receive the soft money that individual donors and big labor unions normally would have given directly to the Democratic Party. These 527s could then use that money to fund issue-oriented ads, voter-education initiatives, get-out-the-vote drives, and other "party-building" activities—not only to help elect Democratic candidates in 2004, but more broadly to guide the Democratic Party ever-further leftward and to reject the "closed" society that Bush and the Republicans presumably favored. By helping to push McCain-Feingold through Congress, Soros had effectively cut off the Democrats' soft-money supply and diverted it to the coffers of an alternative network of beneficiaries—which he personally controlled.(Republicans, meanwhile, did not build any comparable network of independent fundraising nonprofits to circumvent McCain-Feingold – probably because they historically had been successful at raising hard money.) As Byron York observed, "[T]he new campaign finance rules had actually increased the influence of big money in politics. By giving directly to 'independent' groups rather than to the party itself, big-ticket donors could influence campaign strategy and tactics more directly than they ever had previously.... And the power was concentrated in very few hands"—most notably Soros's.(Byron York, The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy (2005), p. 8)
This clearly shows just how George Soros has been able to take over the political vote by the use of a law brought forward by a Republican, John McCain. However, it also demonstrates how one individual, with enough money, can corrupt the very ideas and people of the United States. Our nation was formed upon the ideas of freedom for all. Yet, with this move, George Soros has begun to erode those ideas since money controls the elections. Those with the most money, and with the most backing, usually win. Our nation was not founded to do this; our nation was founded to stop this type of imperial action.
But now let us move on, nothing related to the George Soros controlled www.Moveon.org, to the idea of this "Shadow Party."
"While Soros's 527s were clearly devoted to Democratic Party agendas and values, they publicly professed to be independent of any party affiliations. Their partisanship was somewhat shrouded in proverbial shadows. Gradually, a number of journalists began to make reference to the emergence of certain pro-Democrat "shadow organizations" that seemed geared toward circumventing McCain-Feingold's soft-money ban. In time, the term "Shadow Party" came into use.(Richard Poe, "The Shadow Party: History, Goals, and Activities")
George Soros set in motion the wheels of this Shadow Party when he gathered a team of political strategists, activists, and Democrat donors at his Long Island beach house on July 17, 2003, to discuss how President Bush could be defeated in the 2004 election. Attendees included such luminaries as OSI director Morton Halperin; former Clinton chief of staff John Podesta; former Clinton speechwriters Jeremy Rosner and Robert Boorstin; Sierra Club executive director Carl Pope; labor leader and former Clinton advisor Steve Rosenthal; EMILY's List founder and abortion-rights activist Ellen Malcolm; and major Democrat donors such as Lewis and Dorothy Cullman, Robert McKay, Robert Glaser, and Peter Lewis.(http://www.richardpoe.com/2005/10/06/part-1-the-shadow-party/)
The consensus was that voter turnout—particularly in 17 "swing" or "battleground" states239—would be the key to unseating President Bush. Steve Rosenthal and Ellen Malcolm—CEO and president, respectively, of a newly formed but poorly funded voter-registration group called America Coming Together (ACT)(http://www.richardpoe.com/2005/10/06/part-1-the-shadow-party/ )—suggested that voters in those swing states should be recruited and mobilized as soon as possible. Agreeing, Soros told the pair that he personally would give ACT $10 million to help maximize its effectiveness. A few other attendees also pledged to give the fledgling group large sums of money: Soros's billionaire friend Peter Lewis, chairman of the Progressive Corporation, promised to give $10 million; Robert Glaser, founder and CEO of RealNetworks, promised $2 million; Rob McKay, president of the McKay Family Foundation, committed $1 million; and benefactors Lewis and Dorothy Cullman pledged $500,000.(Laura Blumenfeld, "Soros' Deep Pockets vs. Bush," The Washington Post (November 11, 2003)"
One has to look very closely at what is shown above and make sure you read it very well. We have heard the names just listed recently with Obama bringing back his dear friend, John Podesta and then look at who George Soros had with him to form up the "Shadow Party"! These names must be read and very closely scrutinized since they are as much a part of this now "open' Shadow Party and it is and has become a very integral part of the Obama Administration! Almost every one of these people that George Soros has come to use to build his "Shadow Party' have walked across the white House lawn and spoken to Obama in one way or another and recently Obama has called for the help of John Podesta to help him with the Obamacare and other issues he has caused while serving as President! Now we can clearly make the connection between George Soros, the Shadow Party and John Podesta and others. But this does not end here since it has continued even deeper into the Democratic party which has made alliances with groups such as the "Democratic Socialist Party" of whom has members such as, but not limited to, Elijah Cummings and others on committees that are supposed to hold oversight on the very items that the Socialists and the Shadow Party wish to keep hidden! We also have to recognize the fact that one of these very groups has been a strong supporter of Obama and that group is none other than - America Coming Together (ACT), this by itself should raise eyebrows in the news media, but that was bought out long ago by those with the huge money in their pockets and they are not the type of people our nation should have as custodians of the Constitution! Now let us continue with a bit more before we stop and allow you to go back over all of this and soak it up as deeply as you can, and please if you have any love for the United States, pass this on to as many as you can.
"By early 2004, the administrative core of George Soros's Shadow Party was in place. It consisted of seven ostensibly "independent" nonprofit groups—all but one of which were headquartered in Washington, DC. In a number of cases, these groups shared one another's finances, directors, and corporate officers; occasionally they even shared office space.(242- David Horowitz and Richard Poe, The Shadow Party (2006), p. 182) The seven groups were:
- America Coming Together (ACT): Jump-started by Soros's $10 million grant, ACT in 2004 ran what it called "the largest voter-contact program in history," with more than 1,400 full-time paid canvassers contacting potential voters door-to-door and by phone.(David Horowitz and Richard Poe, The Shadow Party (2006), pp. 196-1980
- Center For American Progress (CAP): This entity was established to serve as a think tank promoting leftist ideas and policy initiatives. Soros, enthusiastic about the Center's potential, pledged in July 2003 to donate up to $3 million to help get the project off the ground.(Laura Blumenfeld, "Soros' Deep Pockets vs. Bush," The Washington Post (November 11, 2003) From the outset, CAP's leadership featured a host of former high-ranking officials from the Clinton administration.(David Horowitz and Richard Poe, The Shadow Party (2006), p. 189. (Among these were Clinton's national security speechwriter Robert Boorstin; former head of Clinton's National Economic Council, Gene Sperling; and former senior advisor to Clinton's Office of Management and Budget, Matt Miller.) Hillary Clinton predicted that the organization would provide "some new intellectual capital" with which to "build the 21st-century policies that reflect the Democrat Party's values."(Matt Bai, "Notion Building," New York Times Magazine (October12, 2003) George Soros and Morton Halperin together selected former Clinton chief of staff John Podesta to serve as president of CAP. Podesta said his goal was to develop CAP as a "think tank on steroids," featuring "a message-oriented war room" that "will send out a daily briefing to refute the positions and arguments of the right."(http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Center_for_American_Progress)
- America Votes: This national coalition coordinated the efforts of many get-out-the-vote organizations and their thousands of contributing activists. (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6527 ) Soros's support for America Votes would continue well past 2004. Indeed he would donate $2.15 million to this coalition in the 2006 election cycle, (http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmtedetail_donors.php?ein=204359961&cycle=2006) another $1.25 million in advance of the 2008 elections, and yet another $1.25 million in 2010.(http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/us/politics/30dems.html)
- Media Fund: Describing itself as "the largest media-buying organization supporting a progressive message" in the United States, this group produced and strategically placed political ads in the print, broadcast, and electronic media. (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6712)
- Joint Victory Campaign 2004 (JVC): This fundraising entity focused on collecting contributions and then disbursing them chiefly to America Coming Together and the Media Fund. In 2004 alone, JVC channeled $19.4 million to the former, and $38.4 million to the latter. (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/funderprofile.asp?fndid=5342&category=79) Soros personally gave JVC more than $12 million that year. (http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/lookup.php?cycle=2010&donor=george%20soros&page=1)
- Thunder Road Group (TRG): This political consultancy coordinated strategy for the Media Fund, America Coming Together, and America Votes. Its duties included strategic planning, polling, opposition research, covert operations, and public relations. (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6713)
MoveOn.org: This California-based entity was the only one of the Shadow Party's core groups that was not a new startup operation. Launched in September 1998, MoveOn is a Web-based political network that organizes online activists around specific issues, raises money for Democratic candidates, generates political ads, and is very effective at recruiting young people to support Democrats (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2003/11/11/55615/610)
According to Ellen Malcolm of America Coming Together (ACT), the financial commitment which Soros made to these Shadow Party groups in 2003 "was a signal to potential donors that he had looked at what was going on and that this was pretty exciting, and that he was going to stand behind it, and it was the real deal."(Byron York, The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy (2005), p. 61) As Byron York observed, "After Soros signed on, contributions started pouring in." ACT and the Media Fund alone took in some $200 million—including $20 million from Soros alone. This type of money was unprecedented in American politics." (Byron York, The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy (2005), pp. 86-87.)
We should make note that this "Shadow Party" is real, and it has what seems to be an objective of destroying the very Constitution of the United States. This should not be allowed, but with the Supreme Court's recent ruling about individual "contributions" for campaigns, we need to see this for what it is: A plot to destroy the United States, and turn it into a Socialist regime at best, or a dictatorship at worst! Should we allow this to happen to our children and grandchildren? I would hope we have much more sense than to allow our posterity to be turned into what those before us fought to stop! Please, if you love the freedom of the United States, pass this on, talk about it, share it with others because the Lame Stream media will never tell you what we have revealed here, and we are far from being finished with this!Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.