Liberals everywhere are rejoicing at the latest news that their TV boogeyman, Bill O’Reilly has been forced out of Fox News, his longtime home, for alleged sexual harassment. Those on the left shouldn’t be too quick to cheer however; the only reason these allegations are surfacing is because of a targeted smear campaign by politically-linked parties, further jeopardizing the independence of the media. Or perhaps they just don’t care?
In the following video, Right Wing News shows the evidence that the George Soros-funded group Media Matters was behind the smear campaign against O’Reilly. The smoking gun was an email from the Bonner Group, a leftist fundraising Super PAC for Hillary Clinton, which openly thanked Media Matters for the exposé. Whether O’Reilly is guilty or not, this is further proof of the tactics the globalists will resort to in order to silence dissenting media opinions. Who’s next on their list?
Are Fox News execs about to hand over the scalp of their ratings king to the smear group Media Matters? (UPDATE: Yes.)
The April 13 email is an invitation to join a briefing call on Media Matters’ campaign against the network’s biggest star.
“Thanks to Media Matters, O’Reilly and Fox News are being held accountable,” the email reads.
“We are currently at a critical juncture in this campaign I hope you can join Media Matters President Angelo Carusone to hear about the success of the campaign so far, and our plans moving forward,” Mary Pat Bonner writes.
She then offers a way for readers to sign up for an “update” call.
The email may be the “irrefutable” evidence O’Reilly’s attorney said proves the whole this is a set up.
“Bill O’Reilly has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America. This law firm has uncovered evidence that the smear campaign is being orchestrated by far-left organization bent on destroying O’Reilly for political and financial reasons,” Marc Kasowitz said in a statement, according toMediaite.
“That evidence will be put forth shortly and is irrefutable.”
Protesters have been outside the News Corp. building targeting O’Reilly with professionally printed signs.
New York magazine reports execs are turning against O’Reilly — effectively caving into the Media Matters campaign.
“Three sources with knowledge of the discussions said that, while no final decision has been made, the Murdochs are leaning toward announcing that O’Reilly will not return to the air. Sons James and Lachlan have been arguing that O’Reilly needs to go, say these sources, though their father, Rupert, has resisted that outcome,” according to the mag.
Media mogul Matt Drudge tweeted Tuesday, indicating O’Reilly’s fate may already be sealed.
“O’Reilly has had a tremendous run,” Drudge wrote. “Very few in the business get to decide when and how things end. Media is most brutal of all industries…”
UPDATE: New York magazine reported on Wednesday:
The Murdochs have decided Bill O’Reilly’s 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O’Reilly’s departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24.
Article posted with permission from The Last Great StandDon't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.