Roseanne has lost her show over a supposedly “racist” tweet, and the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is thrilled.
CAIR’s National Executive Director Nihad Awad crowed: “We welcome the swift and appropriate action taken by ABC and hope it sends a message that the promotion of hatred and bigotry will not be accepted by our nation’s entertainment industry. Ms. Barr has a First Amendment right to express her views, however Islamophobic or racist, but she does not have a constitutional right to a program on a national television network.”
One of the problems with Roseanne’s tweet, according to Lynette Rice in Entertainment, was that it targeted Valerie Jarrett, “an African-American woman who served as a senior adviser for Obama from 2009 to 2017, seemed to refer to conspiracy theories falsely painting her as a closeted Muslim.”
Not necessarily. Maybe Roseanne was referring to the close ties between the Obama administration and the Muslim Brotherhood. The former U.S. prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy in 2013 listed a great many strange collaborations between the State Department of Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett and Muslim Brotherhood organizations, including:
- The State Department announced that the Obama administration would be “satisfied” with the election of a Muslim Brotherhood–dominated government in Egypt.
- Secretary Clinton personally intervened to reverse a Bush-administration ruling that barred Tariq Ramadan, grandson of the Brotherhood’s founder and son of one of its most influential early leaders, from entering the United States.
- The State Department collaborated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, a bloc of governments heavily influenced by the Brotherhood, in seeking to restrict American free-speech rights in deference to Sharia proscriptions against negative criticism of Islam.
- The State Department excluded Israel, the world’s leading target of terrorism, from its “Global Counterterrorism Forum,” a group that brings the United States together with several Islamist governments, prominently including its cochair, Turkey— which now finances Hamas and avidly supports the flotillas that seek to break Israel’s blockade of Hamas. At the forum’s kickoff, Secretary Clinton decried various terrorist attacks and groups, but she did not mention Hamas or attacks against Israel—in transparent deference to the Islamist governments, which echo the Brotherhood’s position that Hamas is not a terrorist organization and that attacks against Israel are not terrorism.
- The State Department and the Obama administration waived congressional restrictions in order to transfer 1.5 billion dollars in aid to Egypt after the Muslim Brotherhood’s victory in the parliamentary elections.
- The State Department and the Obama administration waived congressional restrictions in order to transfer millions of dollars in aid to the Palestinian territories, notwithstanding that Gaza is ruled by the terrorist organization Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestinian branch.
- The State Department and the administration hosted a contingent from Egypt’s newly elected parliament that included not only Muslim Brotherhood members but a member of the Islamic Group (Gamaa al-Islamiyya), which is formally designated as a foreign terrorist organization. The State Department refused to provide Americans with information about the process by which it issued a visa to a member of a designated terrorist organization, about how the members of the Egyptian delegation were selected, or about what security procedures were followed before the delegation was allowed to enter our country.
Conspiracy theory? No.
Anyway, Roseanne’s remarks are not “Islamophobic” (she didn’t actually say anything about Islam), although they certainly can be taken as racist (it’s unclear, however, that Roseanne knew that Jarrett is black), but one thing Awad said is telling: “Ms. Barr has a First Amendment right to express her views, however Islamophobic or racist, but she does not have a constitutional right to a program on a national television network.”
This echoes statements that Hamas-linked CAIR leaders have made many times. They have a formula they trot out every time: X has a First Amendment right to express his/her views, but he/she does not have a constitutional right to speak at a major university/address law enforcement officials/have a program on a national TV network, etc.
What Hamas-linked CAIR is trying to do is destroy the First Amendment under the guise of upholding it, and create an atmosphere in which everyone it accuses of “Islamophobia” and “racism” — which would include not just those who post intemperate tweets, but those who discuss how jihadis use the texts and teachings of Islam to justify violence and supremacism.
CAIR is a quintessentially authoritarian organization, determined to silence all foes of jihad mass murder and Sharia oppression of women, non-Muslims and others, by tarring them as “Islamophobic” and “racist” and destroying their reputations. And of course, the Leftist media eagerly aids and abets them in this.
Article posted with permission from Robert SpencerDon't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.