From Denmark comes news of still more capitulation to violent intimidation in the service of the imposition of sharia blasphemy laws. Kudos to my friend and colleague in Denmark, Anders Gravers of SIAD and SION, for refusing to submit. He sent me this message:
Yesterday late evening, I received an email from the party Fremskridtspartiet who should host the exhibition of your drawings where they forbid me to show the exhibition in their tent to the peoples meeting on Bornholm – a meeting where also Geert Wilders will attend and talk for Free Press Society DK.
They were pressed by the leadership of the peoples meeting to forbid me to show the exhibition in their tent. The chairman of the peoples meeting is Bornholms mayor, who – when the story was in the media about my exhibition – went out and said that they would never allow to show these “offending pictures” in their meeting.
I have send out a press release that we are not bending down for sharia law and we of course are going to hold the exhibition very soon in another place, and we will do the same in Paris, London and Madrid – as we will in Copenhagen.
Here is a slightly improved Google Translate rendering of a Danish news article about this:
Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.
Progress Party drops cartoon exhibition on Folkemødet
There will be no exhibition of prophet cartoons on Bornholm. This irks SIAD Chairman Anders Graversen.
12. June 2015 pm. 12:58
It is now quite clear that the People of the meeting guests do not get the Muhammad cartoons to look after the Progress Party has banned the chairman of the association Stop Islamisation of Denmark (SIAD), Anders Graversen, from showing drawings of them, as he had planned.
Read the Mayor rejects cartoons on Folkemødet
– I think it’s something worse nonsense that the Progress Party bowing to Bornholm mayor, Winnie Grosbøll (S). I have no doubt that she has pushed them to tell me that I must not show the cartoons, says Anders Graversen.
The Bornholm mayor announced earlier this week that she would not have the drawings on display at Folkemødet – and that she, if necessary, would even pull them down, if they found their way to the island.
Only the curtains as protection
According SIAD had Progress Party agreed to host the controversial event, but the layout recognizes Progressive Party’s national chairman, Niels Highland, no.
Read also OVERVIEW Bornholm before put rocks to controversial speakers
– It has been discussed, but it has not been approved by the People’s meeting, said the national chairman and continues:
– I think it is a pity, but it is necessary not to show them. There’s nothing but a canvas as protection, and we saw the what happened in Texas and Krudttønden in Copenhagen, says Niels Højlund with reference to shooting incidents during the two speech debates where just cartoons were pivotal.
He says that he agrees with the mayor of that Folkemødet not the right place to show the drawings, although he emphasizes that it is ‘more than a shame’ that this is so.
– There going well all sorts of people all around here and our tent and they might not even know that we showed the drawings, and their safety can of course also be in danger, and I can not take responsibility for, he says.
Subservience to Islam
Meanwhile Anders says Graversen and siad that it is’ submission to Islam:
– When you bend it here, so they accept Sharia law. I think it’s a slippery slope for what’s next, banning beer on people meeting and ask the women use burkini instead of bikini ?, he says.
Also read Geert Wilders has confirmed its participation in Folkemødet
He will now try to have the drawings of the Prophet Mohammed on display in Copenhagen.
– I imagine that we hang them like posters, so Muslims can see that we well may draw Mohammed, says Anders Graversen.
Alternatively, imagine SIAD chairman that they be exhibited at the City Library in Copenhagen.