With school starting in a couple weeks, Be Aware and BeWare of these psychological techniques being marketed in many forms. This effective domain agenda is not new. Be sure to read carefully all Conduct or Parent Compacts. Do not sign your rights away by signing onto a Parent Engagement Letter that allow your rights to be forfeited to the school. Look into the "prevention" classes including suicide, social, emotional, and behavioral development, or character development.
In response to several articles appearing this week, here are my comments:
Social, Emotional, Behavioral Standards Are NOT a FAD. THESE STANDARDS HAVE BEEN LEGISLATED IN ESSA, Every Student Succeeds Act. These standards have been developed years ago. Teacher training, called fidelity, have blanketed your school under the ESEA FLEXIBILITY WAIVERS since 2012. There are groups trying to give advice to parents who are being led in the wrong direction and who have been wrong about the federal government's role in this agenda. Protect your children. Beware of the workings of this system.
It was announced this week that a new round of experimental, psychological research will be promoted in 8 states. Parents should be writing their opt out letters now. (See below for a sample Opt Out letter parents can use by putting their own state into the areas where I have placed the Pennsylvania PIMS data system.) Check out these links:
There are many problems with this INVASIVE and ILLEGAL agenda:
1. Creating standards and testing the affective domain is not new. There is a long history behind this. Pennsylvania and NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress test) are masters at testing attitudes, values, beliefs, and dispositions. Pennsylvania violated federal law for using psychological measurements on children and had to remove their state assessment, EQA, because it violated federal law, the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment. I was the parent who filed that complaint. Psychological, experimental research without informed written parental consent is illegal. CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning: http://www.casel.org)
is setting themselves up for multiple lawsuits, as well as the schools for co-operating with these experimental programs. CASEL is lying about the research. They want acceptance and parent engagement to go along with the experimentation. Parents, You Can Say No! Stand for parents' rights.
2. Who will decide what the proficiency level will be in the personality traits of our children? How do you score a child's attitudes, values, beliefs, and dispositions? Proficiency levels for personal qualities were determined in the SCANS (Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills) report funded by the Department of Labor in 1992 for the future workforce. Parents, ask the hard questions!
3. What type of experimental programs will be incorporated into the classroom to change your child to a particular "government" approved attitude? What type of psychological interventions will be infused into your child's curriculum? Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) LOOPHOLES allow 3rd party contractors to get data for free to develop curriculum, software, and phone apps because of Obama's Executive Order 12866 that unlocked personally identifiable information by re-writing FERPA REGULATIONS, thereby stripping the privacy of our children and families. Data Mining of children is rampant!
4. Who receives the personal data on your children when data is entered into the state longitudinal data system that ALLOWS data to be shared with outside contractors?
Do children have a Constitutional 1st and 4th Amendment protection to be left alone in their conscience? Pennsylvania Moratorium answered this question below. Privacy violations are rampant!
5. Who is liable for damage incurred by staff and social workers, etc., for damage when something goes wrong dealing with sensitive psychological areas? Is it the curriculum developer? Teacher? School district? State? Or the Federal government that legislated non-academic standards? Parents, become informed!
Pennsylvania Interpersonal Skills 2012 non-academic standards, were removed by former Gov. Corbett after parental protest. But now, the recently passed ESSA federal legislation has codified the non-academic social, emotional, and behavioral standards as of December 2015.
Parents in Pennsylvania demanded a moratorium on these value-laden standards October 2014. This CASEL marketing is a farce. Read the Pennsylvania Moratorium on Data:
This marketing agenda must stop! Just because it sounds good, doesn't mean it is legal or ethical. Parents demand a Congressional Investigation. Rescind Obama's EO 12866. Stop data flow to the Feds through your state longitudinal data system. Shut down the National Center of Education Statistics, NCES and Institute for Educational Sciences, IES – the real culprits.
A parent revolt should shut this down, IMMEDIATELY!
Copy and share this "Parent Out Out"- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6zikOSdV-TAemtrcGRsNTkyZUk
Study these two graphic images. Share this one page link called Danger! Danger!Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.