You can ignore the opposing legal opinions, you can discount other conservative writers and organizations who are trying to reveal to truth, but can you ignore blatant lying and veiling of the truth from your movement leadership?
This week, Virginia state rep L. Scott Lingamfelter, fighting for an Article V in Virginia, sent out a lengthy email on the topic. Just focusing on one small section of that, it is not difficult to illustrate the complete distortion going on here. From his email, in which he is attempting to discredit information from his opponent, he states:
LIBERAL ORGANIZATIONS CITED BY DICK BLACK ARE NOT “PUSHING FOR THIS.”
Black claims that George Soros, Code Pink, MoveOn.org, New Progressive Alliance and 100 other liberal groups “are pushing for this.”
None of these entities have endorsed or “pushed for” the Convention of States (HJ 497) or a Balanced Budget Amendment (HJ 499) in Virginia or any other state.
Not one of these entities even mentions Article V on their website (georgesoros.com, codepink.org, moveon.org, occupywallst.org, and newprogs.org). Not once. Moveon.org mentions Article V of the Wisconsin Constitution and Article V of the Geneva Convention. The Occupy Wall Street website includes reader comments discussing Article V. But not once is there any mention of Article V of the U.S. Constitution by these organizations. Pure silence.
Dick Black’s source for this claim is a website operated by a group that is seeking an Article V convention for a wholly different purpose. This group seeks to repeal the Citizens United decision by the Supreme Court. The organizations listed are endorsing the repeal of Citizens United. No organization with that movement has “pushed for” or endorsed either the Convention of States (HJ 497) or a Balanced Budget Amendment (HJ 499) in Virginia or any other state.
Black’s claim that these liberal organizations are “pushing for this”-referring to the bills slated to be voted on by the Virginia General Assembly-is a blatant falsehood.
This is a “name game.” They have been actively working together, which has been cited in numerous columns. Indeed, it would be more difficult to find evidence that they are working together with the Compact for America or Convention of States people than it was a year ago. Many of these pages are gone because they are deceptive and trying to hide their associations. However, we are able to present you with a list of archived pages which tell the tale. If you are backing one of these movements, you owe it to yourself to explore the following:
- Lessig is hosting a “coaltion” of groups working together for this. Since revealed last year, they have deleted that web page, but we have captured the original.
- It is included here on one of the participant’s sites, specifically titled “Pro-Article V Convention Organizations.” This page includes the coalition website as well as various groups from both the Left and Right.
- Lessig was also on the Board of Advisors for Compact for America, which has also been removed from the site, but we have it here.
- Meckler continues to actively dialogue with MoveOn.org (Living Room Conversations) and appear with Lessig and others at left-leaning events to promote this effort.
- Meckler & Lessig appear together often. They have been at this leftist event several times together, along with some radical crowd pleasers such as Van Jones, Jose Antonio Vargas, and Annie Leonard.
- The original ConConCon kickoff event at Harvard included Lessig, Dranias, Cenk Uygur, Sanford Levinson, etc. All part of Lessig’s coalition cited above.
- Lessig actually taught Occupy that they should join forces with the Tea Party. This was within weeks of the ConConCon at Harvard.
- Lessig and McKinnon (CFA) have worked and written together specifically promoting an Article V.
- Lessig, McKinnon, Occupy and Jack Abramoff working together at represent.us (archived): here and here.
- Coffee Party Convention co-chaired by Lessig and McKinnon.
- Lessig’s quote from this online Q & A on reddit.
America needs to recognize link between dysfunction and corruption, because they are intimately linked. And when we succeed in making that link clear, they will be open to the most likely solution. My view is that Congress is not going to pass any useful amendment to the states. The only constitutional remedy is an Article V convention. I support that movement, and especially the great orgs like Wolf-PAC who are pushing it.
- Occupy specifically working on what they term an “Article V.”
Unfortunately, this is just a small sampling.
MUCH MORE IN DEPTH CONNECTIONS:
Why are your leaders in this movement working so hard to hide this information from you? Nothing good can be coming from leadership that is not being up front with you. Please do yourself and your country a favor and think long and hard about this while you still can.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Freedom Outpost email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.