Dr. Howard Dean, former Democratic presidential candidate, recently said about Americans going to see American Sniper, “There’s a lot of anger in this country, and the people who go see this movie are people who are very angry… I bet you if you looked at a cross-section of the Tea Party and the people who go see this movie, there’s a lot of intersection.” Others, like Gary Sinise, have come out to say that they were outraged by this intended pejorative characterization of the viewers.
I am not a Tea Party member, but my husband and I are going this Friday to see American Sniper. However, I must say that Howard Dean is right; we ARE angry. Of course, Dr. Dean is trying to characterize us as irrational “right wing nuts”; therefore, Americans whose opinions should be dismissed. I appreciate that Gary Sinise was trying to defend these American viewers, especially the families of American Service Men and Women. Thank you for supporting our troops, Gary. Still, I AM angry; my husband is angry; most of America is angry. What are we angry about?
- Americans are angry that those who try to speak out against what is going on in this country are dismissed as bitter clingers to their guns and Bibles.
- Americans are angry that our children are not taught to memorize the times tables or practice long division, but are taught Common Core style math which says that maybe 2 + 2 could equal 5 if you can explain your answer, but if you say 2 + 2 = 4, just because it does in fact equal 4, you will fail.
- Americans are angry that Islam is taught in schools and Muslims are allowed to pray, but Christianity is banned right down to the Christmas tree we all used to have in our school lobbies. In the late 70s, George Carlin once joked, “OooOOooo, they’re going to take away your children’s Christmas play!” He was mocking the concerns that people were just beginning to have. Well Mr. Carlin, they have done just that and Americans are angry about it.
- Americans are angry that liberal policy, social engineering, and social justice activists have gutted one of the best school systems in the world leaving our children near the bottom of the world stage.
- Americans are angry that our children are being taught that bisexual, transsexual, pansexual, transgendered, sadomasochistic-leather-obsessive-swinging couples-who-support-abortion are a life-style choice that should be supported, honored, and even encouraged by the schools, right down to kindergarten.
- Americans are angry that the lie of “greenhouse gasses”… I mean “global warming” … I mean “climate change” is taught as fact, not as unproven, shaky theory, and that such unproven theory should be used to regulate everything in America, while the rest of the world does whatever it wants. Actually, “unproven” is incorrect. Climate change is a completely FALSE THEORY, a lie manufactured for the sake of political control. That much is proven though it is utterly ignored.
- Americans are angry that our institutes of higher learning have become centers of leftist indoctrination polluting the minds of our children with anti-American, anti-capitalist, and anti-White propaganda. We see this being sneaked this into high schools through Common Core. Middle schools to follow.
- Americans are angry that our serious concerns about the threat of Islamists such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, and Boko Haram (who just slaughtered 2000 innocents in one village along with committing mass rape, kidnapping, and sexual enslavement) and who use their religion to justify their actions are dismissed as “Islamophobia.”
- Americans are angry that our concerns about the human rights violations of women in the Middle East, the gross and violent genital mutilation of little girls, the planned stoning to death of a woman accused of adultery because she married a Christian is also called Islamophobia and, therefore, is dismissed.
- Americans are angry that we are accused of being evil for being White, evil for being American, evil for being middle class, evil for owning a small business — a big business — any business, or evil for having “White privilege” whether we actually experience it or not.
- Americans are angry that we are told if we are Black, Latino, or Native American we must think a certain way, act a certain way, and vote a certain way. Otherwise, we are not “authentic.”
- Americans are angry that Al Gore wants to take away our cars, make us pay to take away our cars, and stack us in 800 square foot housing units in a crowded planned city after having taken his private jet to a summit among the richest of the rich who also took their 1700 private jets to Davos, Switzerland, thus leaving a larger carbon footprint in a week than most of us will leave in a year or perhaps a lifetime.
- Americans are angry that Al Gore’s billionaire friend Jeff Greene said, “America’s lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted so we have less things and a smaller, better existence. We need to reinvent our whole system of life.” I wonder if Mr. Greene plans to live a smaller, better existence. Perhaps he can give his billions to the great unwashed he pretends to champion.
- Americans are angry that the boarders have not been secured and that illegal… ILLEGAL immigrants are called “Undocumented Workers” or “New Americans”. Americans support immigration; we just want LEGAL immigration.
- Americans are angry that criminals are treated like victims and victims are treated like criminals.
- Americans are angry at tax after tax after tax. Martin O’Malley, Maryland’s uber liberal former governor even taxed the rain. Marylanders were so angry about this tax (and 40 other additional taxes) that the mostly Democratic population elected a Republican governor by a wide margin in 2014.
- Americans are angry that we will be taxed even more to support so many, including illegal immigrants, who could work but choose instead to depend on entitlement programs. (Before I am vilified for this, I personally know many such people; I live and work in the rough part of the city. There should always be a safety net for those who are helpless or those who find themselves in tough circumstances, but there are whole swaths of the population for which this has become a way of life, a thing OWED to them probably because of that damned white privilege.)
- Americans are angry that parents who responsibly tried to save for their child’s college education in 529 accounts find Obama trying to tax those accounts to give FREE college education to all, most of whom will never graduate. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a high school dropout who went to a community college and graduated from a university. I know whereof I speak.
- Americans are angry that their own president seems to hate America and everything America stands for. Michelle Obama said in 2008 that it was the first time she was proud of America. Since then, Obama has made America look weak and foolish in the eyes of the world.
Why do so many other Americans go to see American Sniper? Because they finally get a chance to see someone doing something. They finally get to see an American becoming the best at something, working hard, and, not only being self-reliant, but also dedicating himself to the greater cause of American freedom. That makes them just a little less angry, a little less worried, and perhaps a little more hopeful for at least a few hours.
I could go on and on about why average Americans are angry, but I am personally angry that my 17 year-old daughter, upon hearing that we were going to see American Sniper, cried out, “No, you can’t! That film is soooo Islamophobic!” I tried to explain to her that a phobia is something about which one has an irrational fear. I told her that it is not irrational to fear the 25% of Muslims –over 300 thousand people– who want to kill her. She could not hear me; she has been indoctrinated into leftist beliefs about the world by her public school education, by popular culture, by almost everything that surrounds her no matter how I try to open her eyes. That makes me very angry indeed.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.