Acts of selflessness and compassion top the list of good news today, one of the world's hottest porn stars is delivered from a life of porn, drugs and suicide attempts by Jesus Christ, along with a teenage young man who has developed an amazingly inexpensive and efficient means of detecting certain types of cancers that is 168 times faster than the best methods in the field, plus much more.
- An intern program with Baker Hughes is giving college students real-life experience giving back to the community.
- Richard Peck, 48, goes to extraordinary athletic measures to compete in several Ironman events each year -- all for his younger brother, Chris, who has Down Syndrome.
- Spain is still reeling after Wednesday night's deadly train crash in Santiago de Compostela, but we're finding hope in the incredible way locals have rallied to help survivors. Once news of the crash circulated, residents flocked by the dozens to give blood at local clinics.
- Gloria MacKenzie, 84, pocketed $278 million after taxes after winning the $590.5 million jackpot in May. She has decided to donate $2 million to fix the roof of a Maine high school in her hometown.
- A young woman names Brittni Ruiz, stage named Jenna Presley and listed by Maxim as one of the hottest porn stars in the world, was trapped in the life of porn, finds her way out of it and attributes breaking free to a conversion to Jesus Christ.
- Barbee Farms in Concord, NC only harvests about two-thirds of their crops. Farmers typically will only harvest what they can sell, leaving thousands of pounds of perfectly edible food out in the fields. That food might go to waste if it weren't for groups like The Society of Saint Andrew. The group organizes volunteers to come and pick the second harvest or "glean" the fields. Last year they took more than 50,000 pounds of food and donated it to food banks and shelters. WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
- Raemy Wensil started making a selling hair bows earlier this summer as a way to make money to save for a case for her iPod. But when she heard of a family friend in need, she changed her plans. Her friend Joyce has cancer. Raemy set a goal of $2,000 for her $1 bows, which she has named "Angel Bows." Since beginning she has raised over $6,000 selling bows. If you feel inclined, why not help Raemy out? Go to her Facebook page and make a purchase. Way to go Raemy!WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
- Jack Andraka is a Maryland high school sophomore who at age 15 invented an inexpensive and sensitive dipstick-like sensor for the rapid and early detection of pancreatic, ovarian and lung cancers that is 168 times faster and considerably cheaper than the gold standard in the field.
- Soldier's WW II Letters to Wife Find Son 69 Years Later.
- They were the ace pilots shot out of the sky 45 years ago, taken prisoner and tortured by the Vietnamese. Prison guards bound them with tight ropes and then dislocated their arms and legs. Extreme beatings, many times resulting in death, were common -- not just for weeks but for years. Today these men celebrate 40 years of freedom. Thank you gentlemen for your service and sacrifice.
Hear this, all peoples; Give ear, all inhabitants of the world, Both low and high, Rich and poor together. My mouth shall speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart shall give understanding. I will incline my ear to a proverb; I will disclose my dark saying on the harp. Why should I fear in the days of evil, When the iniquity at my heels surrounds me? Those who trust in their wealth And boast in the multitude of their riches, None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him — For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever — That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. For he sees wise men die; Likewise the fool and the senseless person perish, And leave their wealth to others. Their inner thought is that their houses will last forever, Their dwelling places to all generations; They call their lands after their own names. Nevertheless man, though in honor, does not remain; He is like the beasts that perish. This is the way of those who are foolish, And of their posterity who approve their sayings. Selah Like sheep they are laid in the grave; Death shall feed on them; The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; And their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling. But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah Do not be afraid when one becomes rich, When the glory of his house is increased; For when he dies he shall carry nothing away; His glory shall not descend after him. Though while he lives he blesses himself (For men will praise you when you do well for yourself), He shall go to the generation of his fathers; They shall never see light. A man who is in honor, yet does not understand, Is like the beasts that perish.
Click Here for more good news.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.