Collapse, collapse, collapse… Seems to be a familiar meme these days. It is hard to peruse any alternative news, for any length of time, without learning about the pending collapse event. I, myself, have fallen prey in the past to the hype surrounding the latest "expert" opinion on the direction that this crippled nation is heading, especially the timing of its demise. Here is the conclusion that I have reached about this "inevitable" collapse event. If a collapse does occur, the "experts" and pundits who cycle through alternative media HAVE NO CLUE as to when it's going to happen. The people who do know when, and if, it's going to happen, do not editorialize within the sphere of alternative news. I'm pretty sure of that. But, I digress. I'm not clairvoyant and there may very well be a collapse event. However, I submit to you that we, as a nation, have collapsed already.
Whether it's an apocalyptic zombie outbreak, or life without people, there is no shortage of propaganda available to stoke the collapse fears of the "un-washed masses." It makes for great entertainment, and it certainly causes the cash register to ring for those on the retail end. (Allow me to pause here to say that I am pro-prepping and preparedness; and as long as it's legal and moral, who am I to judge how a person makes a buck.) However, I also contend that all of the focus which has been paid to a collapse event has given rise to a, "cannot see the forest because of the trees" mentality for most.
The popular collapse scenarios that I have become familiar with since I have been awake have included, but not limited to, martial law, empty store shelves, door-to-door mobs, power grid down, life in the 18th century and cannibalism. These are all possible, I guess. And each one of these scenarios, in themselves, could de-stabilize society to a point. But while we are trying to prepare for what MAY happen, what IS happening is that we are being eaten from inside by cancer. One doesn't need to look far now to recognize the "rot" that has infected most large communities and almost all "institutions" in this country. Even the corporate-controlled media have been pressured to bring historically unfavorable stories to light recently in a dying attempt to maintain their daily illusion of credibility. It seems that no place is safe these days from the evil that lurks in the hearts of men, and to my eyes the rot has accelerated as of late. So indulge me if you will as I take a look back a few years to better times, and hopefully make my point that we are living INSIDE the collapse right now.
If you are like me, you look back on the days of your youth and just intuitively know that times were "better" than they are now. Sure, one could point to the rise in the stock market, or increased home ownership, and say that things are improving since our parents and grandparent's era. However, those stats ring hollow to me. And, I submit to you, a nation worth its salt doesn't measure its wealth through its wallet anyway. In my opinion, a nation's wealth is measured in direct proportion to the priority it places on the defense of liberty and civil rights for its citizens, and for people everywhere. Out of which, true wealth and prosperity historically rise. Sadly, we as a nation have failed miserably on all accounts and, by my definition, are one of the poorest places on earth. If you are still with me, allow me to transition from the macro to the micro and examine the decline of America a bit more closely.
Since the love of money is the root of all evil, let's start there. This is not intended to be a philosophical debate between the Keynesian System and Austrian Economics, but an illustration of the decline in purchasing power of the US Dollar for the everyday American. At a point not too long ago, the United States was the largest creditor nation in the world, and its currency was coveted by people across the globe. No matter where you were in the world, someone would trade you their native currency for your US dollars, often at a substantial benefit to the chap who held the dollars. Those days are long past now, and the "script has been flipped" on all of us. Now, the United States is one of the greatest DEBTOR nations in the world, and numerous multi-lateral trade deals have completely cut the dollar out of any part of their respective trade agreements. While doing research, I found this site which quickly allows you to calculate inflation. The punch line? The dollar in your pocket has lost over 95% of its value in the last 100 years. If you add all of these factors together, a case could be made that the dollar has collapsed already. If 95% loss of purchasing power is not a collapse, please redefine things for me. Lastly, let's not gloss over the fact that close to 50 million people are on food stamps in this country, and some estimates put the total number of people on some kind of government assistance over 100 million.
Another institution that influences almost every American is education. The level of quality education that is available in a nation directly reflects the importance that said nation places on its future. In my opinion, what we have in America would be better described as indoctrination than described as education. With the newly adopted Common Core being the pinnacle of a globalist attempt to make "good little slaves" out of our kids. Some nitwit wrote a book about it taking a village a few years back, and these Marxists adopted it as a nationwide platform. Forget about reading, writing and arithmetic… these days many schools teach about how to be a good Muslim and now, in one 4th grade class, the Obama biography is required reading. Many times, these actions take place without the parent's knowledge or consent. Now, in this country, some schools will not let parents send a bag lunch to school with their child minus a doctor's note. The state of our education system across this nation is broken. Collapsed, no. But, an EPIC failure for sure. Common Core must be stopped!
Let's go way back for a minute... Back to our Founding Fathers, and more specifically, back to the Bill of Rights. Let's briefly review some of our 1st 10 Amendments and see how we are doing on maintaining those sacred gems.
- The First Amendment (Amendment I) Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. RESULT: FAIL Think of the Orwellian named "Free Speech Zones"
- The Second Amendment (Amendment II) A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. The idea of a militia is demonized, but we may still lawfully possess a firearm as of this writing.
- The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. RESULT: EPIC FAIL See NDAA
- The Fifth Amendment (Amendment V) No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation RESULT: EPIC FAIL
- The Sixth Amendment (Amendment VI) In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense. RESULT: EPIC FAIL See NDAA
- The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted. RESULT: EPIC FAIL
- The Ninth Amendment (Amendment IX) The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. RESULT: FAIL
- The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. RESULT: EPIC FAIL See Here
As you review the above regarding the Bill of Rights, one may conclude, as I do, that in terms of our diligence as a nation to uphold these sacred rights we have suffered a collapse. Think about it. It is now lawful for a representative of government to kidnap you, incarcerate you without charges, hold you hostage indefinitely and no one is allowed to talk about it, not even your spouse. If they do, they get kidnapped by the same people. If you think this is an exaggeration, you need to do more research. Again, if this is not a collapse of constitutional principles, please educate me as to what one looks like.
There are many area of our society which suffer from the rot that I have been writing about here. One could write countless articles on the topic of our national decline and its causes. However, in my view the great majority of the blame for where we find ourselves today rests upon the collective shoulders of what is commonly known as "the church," or what can be otherwise characterized as God's "earthly ambassadors." The evil cretins that plan things knew that they had to nullify the church, while unraveling that common thread of decency and humility that was woven throughout most all of them, regardless of denomination. They accomplished their wicked intentions with House Resolution 235, passed in 1954. As a result, the modern church is no longer beholden to God, but to the IRS- going on 60 years now.
Some numbers have been run on the how many people in the US declare themselves as "Christians." Polls routinely come back at over 80%, and many times upwards of 90%. What a joke that is to me. Let us pause for a minute to ponder a few points about these numbers. As stated, almost 9 of 10 Americans are "followers of Christ" according to polling data. Despite these overwhelming numbers, the following acts are perpetrated by, or in, the US on a day-to-day basis:
- Murder of Unborn Children (Abortion)
- Same-sex Marriage (Depending upon the state)
- Drone killings of faceless, nameless "enemies" of the US, without due process
- Tax dollars freely given to organizations, and nations, that hate Christians
- An entertainment industry awash with their militant homosexual and evil agenda. Out of which produce shows like the one on ABC called, "Park Avenue 666."
- Lady Gaga
I submit to you that if 9 out of 10 Americans were really Christians, I mean really Christians, the travesties that I mentioned above wouldn't even exist. This is an epic fail in my book. Though Christ will be certain that His true Church will not collapse entirely, by all human measures the modern church has lost its teeth and has collapsed for most.
In my view, the items mentioned above are merely a reflection of the evil that resides in the heart of a society. The previous list is by no means all-inclusive, nor is it intended to be. Does it prove that we are in a collapse? I guess that is for each of you to decide. I know that there are more of us who reject evil out there than there are of those who practice it. But, where are all of you? And, how bad does it need to get before you take action? Trust me, you do not need to have a formal writing background to write and post an article. Nor, do you need letters behind your name to stick a video camera in the face of your local crooked politician (Hats off to this guy). Collapse or no collapse, time is short. The freight-train of tyranny is gaining speed and momentum, and once it jumps the tracks no one will be immune to its destruction.Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, & Twitter. You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.