It seems apparent that the article from the Palookaville Post that was satire about Senator Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer of California were at least on point in the direction of how these women think and how the State of California thinks. In a move that is very real with no satire involved, the Golden State has rolled out a major gun control package that was introduced by Senate Democrats. It even allows for the potential confiscation of the more than 166,000 legally registered semi-automatic rifles, all in the name of "saving lives."
State Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacremento) defended the legislation on Thursday, telling California's citizens "California’s tough gun laws have been exploited long enough.”
“We can save lives by curbing the proliferation of guns designed to be fired and reloaded rapidly,” he said. “We can save lives by getting guns and ammunition out of the hands of the wrong people. We can save lives if every gun owner knows how to safely handle those guns. And if we can save lives, we must act to do so.”
While he used similar language to both Barack Obama and Dianne Feinstein as he spoke of respecting the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens to have firearms for hunting, sport and home defense, the legislation undermines all of that. When gun confiscation is a part of the legislation, you know exactly what these anti-American representatives respect. I'll let you know that they don't respect you, your rights or the Second Amendment.
Pro-Second Amendment advocates state the obvious infringement upon the Second Amendment. “Almost every item in the proposal is wildly unconstitutional,” said Gene Hoffman of Redwood City, co-founder and chairman of the Calguns Foundation gun rights group. He also said the state’s overreach may “accelerate the speed at which the Supreme Court takes these ideas off the table.”
"The violent criminals are simply not going to be affected by any of these proposals," Yih-Chau Chang, spokesman for the gun rights group Responsible Citizens of Californai said. "Following the law is the last thing they're going to do, so it's only going to affect law-abiding citizens."
According the Mercury News,
The 10-bill package constitutes the single largest gun control push in decades in the Golden State, which already boasts some of the nation’s strictest gun laws. It joins equally controversial proposals from Assembly Democrats that would regulate and tax ammunition sales and consider taking the state’s 166,000 registered assault weapons from their owners.
This first unified California plan comes less than a month after New York adopted its own sweeping package of new gun controls and President Barack Obama announced a package of executive actions, all in the wake of December’s Connecticut schoolhouse massacre. Even as this plan emerged Thursday, House Democrats’ gun violence task force was announcing 15 “policy principles,” including protecting Second Amendment rights but also instituting universal background checks and reinstating a federal assault weapons ban.
The legislation is massive and sweeping. Not only does it include things that are found in Feinstein's current assault weapons ban bill but there are additional bills that would:
- Require anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check, as Los Angeles and Sacramento already do.
- Update the definition of a banned shotgun with a revolving cylinder to include the new technology of a shotgun-rifle combination.
- Prevent unregulated gun loans, with some exceptions, including hunting, in order to keep weapons from those who haven't passed background checks.
- Require all handgun owners obtain a safety certificate every year, rather than the every-five-years requirement for purchases of new handguns.
- Prohibit anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept and to expand the list of crimes for which convictions result in being barred from gun possession.
- Let the state Justice Department use money from the state's Dealer's Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.
One of two things must happen. Either American citizens in California must fight back against their tyrannical state and Federal government by exercising as much of the First Amendment as they can or leave the State the houses modern day Sodom and Gomorrah and let it completely sink off the deep end. Then find themselves a liberty loving state with like minded people who are not afraid to stand for what is right. Otherwise it appears that the new motto for those who support the law of the land in California is "Molon Labe!" Actually, that is all liberty loving Americans motto currently.